• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

So the amended plans that the club spoke about on the OS recently would appear to have now been lodged with the council? If so that’s good news. It’s difficult to be sure from a list of numbers but I take the addition of ‘rev **’ to mean revision. All this positive, tangible news about SUFC recently is so unheard of…

So the amended plans that the club spoke about on the OS recently would appear to have now been lodged with the council? If so that’s good news. It’s difficult to be sure from a list of numbers but I take the addition of ‘rev **’ to mean revision. All this positive, tangible news about SUFC recently is so unheard of…
I presume there will be plans with rev04 on the council website under the associated documents tab. I can’t get on there at the minute but if someone has time spare….

To be honest I don’t really understand it all.
All I want to know is when is the spade going in the ground to start 😀

Fantastic aerial view of Roots Hall on there! It even manages to demonstrate why we have such a long pier (to go past the very shallow mud flats to the deep channel so pleasureboats could go down the Thames and stop at Southend)… 😍

Fantastic aerial view of Roots Hall on there! It even manages to demonstrate why we have such a long pier (to go past the very shallow mud flats to the deep channel so pleasureboats could go down the Thames and stop at Southend)… 😍
Would love to get a print of that aerial view - great shot of the ground and the pier and can also see 2 former homes I lived in as well!

Note the agent’s address
This place is I believe a serviced office premises whereby you can rent services on an hourly, daily or weekly basis. Probably used by businesses as an accommodation address.
Although the recent news re the development is a step forward the whole project reeks of cost cutting and limited finance being available. Temporary changing facilities, reduction in stadium capacity, three sided development etc. Its never easy to be over optimistic.

We can only go on the info we’ve been furnished with from official sources so far.

Going on yesterday’s announcement that is for grass pitches (some of which will be hybrid surfaces) and a players car park to the north of Fossetts Way. All of which should be ready at some point in October this year. No mention of any other facilities, as yet. But I’d imagine there will be a further update with a bit more meat on soon.
But we demand the full details now, not later. This is SZ and we've bought season cards, some of us; so we have a right.

Not from this evidence - all this document is doing is satisfying one of the conditions of planning in providing a 'biodiversity' report showing how there will be a 10% net gain in biodiversity

This place is I believe a serviced office premises whereby you can rent services on an hourly, daily or weekly basis. Probably used by businesses as an accommodation address.
Although the recent news re the development is a step forward the whole project reeks of cost cutting and limited finance being available. Temporary changing facilities, reduction in stadium capacity, three sided development etc. Its never easy to be over optimistic.
Couldn’t agree more … I’m not quite sure why people are so upbeat about this … we are fast getting a **star set up instead of the 5star you’ve all been fooled into believing we are getting

Back