• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Den Haag? Does that count as Holland? ;)

Lovely city, and the football team and its fans are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQLeXP4514g&NR=1
Am I missing something here?! That's Ajax - not ADO!

ADO's fans are indeed the equivalent of Millwall in the 80s though. Last game of the season last year, when they were relegated, they decided to have a pitch invasion to destroy anything in their path, which caused the game to be abandoned as they wanted to show their players & management that it would not be accepted this year.

Ironically, it was also the last game ever to be played at that ground too. Can you imagine poor Roots Hall having such a sad ending?

Am I missing something here?! That's Ajax - not ADO!

ADO's fans are indeed the equivalent of Millwall in the 80s though. Last game of the season last year, when they were relegated, they decided to have a pitch invasion to destroy anything in their path, which caused the game to be abandoned as they wanted to show their players & management that it would not be accepted this year.

Ironically, it was also the last game ever to be played at that ground too. Can you imagine poor Roots Hall having such a sad ending?

I know mate, Ajax are my second love behind the Blues, I was having a little light hearted pop. ADO are respected, if hated, unlike Feyenoord, where hatred and lack of respect are level pegging.

Easy answer to all of this....Always give a bird the Scott Mills Flirt Divert number...Then we can all hear the bunny boilers leaving mental voicemail!!!

I know mate, Ajax are my second love behind the Blues, I was having a little light hearted pop. ADO are respected, if hated, unlike Feyenoord, where hatred and lack of respect are level pegging.
Funnily enough, I actually went to a Feyenoord game for the first time last weekend. It wasn't anywhere nearly as exciting as I'd been led to believe though :thumbdown:

Funnily enough, I actually went to a Feyenoord game for the first time last weekend. It wasn't anywhere nearly as exciting as I'd been led to believe though :thumbdown:

I imagine you were bored to death by the football and entertained by their fans' love anthems towards Hitler and Hamas.

Very wise, I'm sure Einstein is a lovely fella, but Den Haag is the pits.
How comes you think it's the pits?!

I just like the fact that I've walked round this city god knows how many times at 2/3/4/5am in the morning blind drunk over the past two years, and I've never seen an ounce of trouble. Unlike when I come back to Southend and by 10pm you have groups of young 'gangs' lining up along the high street ready to pounce on anyone who can hardly even walk.

*cue being stabbed to death this weekend*

How comes you think it's the pits?!

I just like the fact that I've walked round this city god knows how many times at 2/3/4/5am in the morning blind drunk over the past two years, and I've never seen an ounce of trouble. Unlike when I come back to Southend and by 10pm you have groups of young 'gangs' lining up along the high street ready to pounce on anyone who can hardly even walk.

*cue being stabbed to death this weekend*

To be fair, Den Haag is alright, and definitely agree with you about wandering around there and most Dutch cities at night (Rotterdam excluded).

At the risk of one of these :offtopic: girls, are you counting the days till the end of season ball thingy, and more importantly did you get your frocks sorted? Quick answers then we can let them have their thread back about how crazy women are!

Back