• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who will be team captain?

Who will be team captain? - When Maher & Warren go?

• Darryl Flahavan (If he stays!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leon Cort

• Drewe Broughton

• Mark Bentley

• Lewis Hunt

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Duncan Jupp

• Jay Smith

• Tes Bramble(Can you really see it?!)

• Michael Kightly (Yeah, right!)

• Other (Please specify)

• Total voters
With Warren possibly off to Hornchurch and Maher up to Sheffield Wednesday who will take over as captain?

I think Bentley would be the man!

What do you think?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ May 17 2004,08:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 17 2004,08:45)]and Maher up to Sheffield Wednesday
Have I missed something?
Rocket Roger this morning on BBC Essex said that Steve Tilson may have difficulty hanging on to his team captain.

Both Hull City and Sheffield Wednesday are interested in him apparently.

Tilson said it would be a shame if he went as the new team was being built around him!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 17 2004,09:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ May 17 2004,08:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 17 2004,08:45)]and Maher up to Sheffield Wednesday
Have I missed something?
Rocket Roger this morning on BBC Essex said that Steve Tilson may have difficulty hanging on to his team captain.

Both Hull City and Sheffield Wednesday are interested in him apparently.

Tilson said it would be a shame if he went as the new team was being built around him!
Bollacs!

Surely Tilson has to learn a bit from experience here.

As good as Maher has been, previous managers Little, Webb, Newman and Wignall have all "built" their team around Kev.  It has done us absolutely no good at all.

He is not dominant or forceful enough to carry that sort of status.

Jupp IMHO shows the requisite passion and committment.  I know he does not endear himself to some fans, but he is not afraid to gee people up and mouth off at teammates where necessary.  A good captain will have the ability to get another 10-15% out of players and Kevin Maher does NOT have that ability.

If he is to be the kingpin then I am possibly less optimistic than I had been for next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 17 2004,09:05)]Bollacs!
Please could you extend your comment, sir as I am afraid I do not understand the context of your "bollacs"!
biggrin.gif

Do you mean "bollacs"......

PoD is talking a load of........

Roger Buxton is talking a load of.......

Steve Tilson is talking a load of......

Please enlighten me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 17 2004,09:05)]previous managers./......... Webb,......... have all "built" their team around Kev.  .
if memory serves me correct webby wanted to build a team around Ben Smith, but he got injured and never got the chance to show us what he could do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 17 2004,10:21)]Do you mean "bollacs"......

PoD is talking a load of........
For a change... not in the context of the one I quoted above.

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

'Bollacs'... as in exclamation of disappointment.

E.g.

'70 seconds into their first ever national cup final after 98 years waiting... and the're one nil down'.

'Bollacs!'

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 17 2004,09:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ May 17 2004,09:28)]Kev aint going anywhere
biggrin.gif
....have you seeen that film misery? perhaps you should tie him to the bed.... I can borrow you a club hammer
VS is a "Bunny Boiler!"
wink.gif

Che Wilson.

He seems to be as 'popular' now as Kev was when he was made captain
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 17 2004,10:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ May 17 2004,09:28)]Kev aint going anywhere
biggrin.gif
....have you seeen that film misery? perhaps you should tie him to the bed.... I can borrow you a club hammer
With the regularity of our injury problems, the hammer isn't needed.

I reckon either Carl Pettefer or Jupp would make good captains.

IMHO I won't be too disappointed to see Maher go - it may do us good to have a change of captain and a new look midfield.

been readin the sheff wednesday rivals message board and aparently kev has been in for talks with them! don't know how much truth there is in this but doesnt look great!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ May 17 2004,10:59)]Christ, i hope he dont leave
sad.gif
Don't worry... the change may well do us good. We certainly aren't going to miss his goals or assists are we? And our defence leaks enough goals so whatever he does in midfield is undermined by shaky defending anyway.

Change would do us good IMHO...

It would be ironic if our best player by a mile left to a mild ripple of suprise yet a mediocre player like Jenkins leaves and we are on the verge of a mass suicide.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back