• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - was it Kimura who completed that process at one point?

I don't think any of the itk have said we're waiting for that though - but that we are awaiting 'league ratification' whatever that means
Indeed it seems compulsory to talk in riddles so every statement raises more questions than it answers…
But if these things are already done than how can “ratification’ take so long?

Indeed it seems compulsory to talk in riddles so every statement raises more questions than it answers…
Was probably sent to NL on Friday just after midday but NL finish at midday and wouldn't have picked it up until 9am on Monday haha

It`s laughable really from what Martin has basically abandoned the club, up to his eyeballs in debt, and numerous HMRC court cases, WUP`s, the list of debtors is endless. This is where a Regulatory Authority should be monitoring Football Clubs for accountability purposes and highlight any causes for concern. I`m sure that COSU are decent people with the club at heart, and will deliver the highest of standards for all to see in the future.

My point is that one lone individual who wants to own a Football club should not be allowed to " do what he or she wants", a board of Directors should be consulted with another set of eyes on the running of the club and for voting purposes, etc..... I`m rambling on but hopefully you get the idea.

Hopefully it will be a thing of the past and boy it will be a breath of fresh air for what all Shrimpers have suffered over the many years of the 🐀 `s tenure.

Onward and Upwards

It`s laughable really from what Martin has basically abandoned the club, up to his eyeballs in debt, and numerous HMRC court cases, WUP`s, the list of debtors is endless. This is where a Regulatory Authority should be monitoring Football Clubs for accountability purposes and highlight any causes for concern. I`m sure that COSU are decent people with the club at heart, and will deliver the highest of standards for all to see in the future.

My point is that one lone individual who wants to own a Football club should not be allowed to " do what he or she wants", a board of Directors should be consulted with another set of eyes on the running of the club and for voting purposes, etc..... I`m rambling on but hopefully you get the idea.

Hopefully it will be a thing of the past and boy it will be a breath of fresh air for what all Shrimpers have suffered over the many years of the 🐀 `s tenure.

Onward and Upwards
Never mind just football clubs, these Directors' responsibilities are enshrined in Company Law. I guess ours weren't looking too closely.

The odd thing is the NL league pre-empted their own "process" by stating that there would be no need for their bond if the club were sold to COSU. And the very point of the bond was to ensure we were financially sound and able to complete next seasons fixtures?

I do hope there is some mega grand reveal planned once it has gone through.

A corner flag and a few words on the website wont cut it, after what we've all been through.

I want a no expense spared hollywood blockbuster reveal. COSU riding in on horses or a kangaroo, giant rats getting slayed, dramatic music, pyro, Mork wearing the new kit, Steve driving Ron out of the county.

This is your time to shine SUFC Media Dept. over to you.

A corner flag and a few words on the website wont cut it, after what we've all been through.

I want a no expense spared hollywood blockbuster reveal. COSU riding in on horses or a kangaroo, giant rats getting slayed, dramatic music, pyro, Mork wearing the new kit, Steve driving Ron out of the county.

I suppose you'll be wanting a documentary featuring The Rock and Ray Winstone (produced by Crate) as well?

See if we can The Rock and Ray Winston to announce it?

I would guess sky sports will say some thing .Also Anglia news They was quick to put out all the bad news ie THE WINDUP court apperance And all the debt the rat run up .So it would be nice to see some good news on there for a change.

Do they have to check on each of the 10 members that are taking over the club .Hope not that could take weeks .
I assumed that these would have already been submitted in advance, which is why I didn’t mention them.

Of course this may have dragged on so long that they now require a more up to date utility bill and certified copy of a passport!

Not sure they will look at leasehold arrangements for the ground. That seems an EFL requirement rather the NL as shown by the Gateshead nonsense.

It’s the FA who conduct the fit and proper test on behalf of the NL- so we may be imploring the wrong incompetent organisation to get a wiggle on…

The 10 year requirement is an EFL thing but I’m assuming the NL also requires some proof that you’ll have a ground to play on for the season.

I think they’ll also be after evidence that the consortium own the club, some form of budget and proof of funds.

This would be separate from the FA’s Fit and Proper test. I think I read it was the NL that we were waiting on rather than the FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back