• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t the current agreement that the monthly shortfall is split between Consortium and Ron?

If you have the season ticket money influx that means there isn’t a shortfall this month for Ron to fund?
There wouldn't be a shortfall for anyone to fund! No idea if Ron is splitting the running costs - haven't heard that, from on here it seemed the consortium were putting in, rumoured to be £3m+ so far.

Does anyone know if the Shrimpers Trust have been in contact with the consortium recently.
Surely some sort of update is needed, especially with court coming up very soon.
Almost certainly the Trust and the Consortium are in regular dialogue, probably with Anna Firth as well, but none of those parties are an integral part of the current discussions between the Council and Ron and his financiers. Yes they can all lobby and worry people but they can't make things happen or go faster. I would imagine that nearer the next court hearing, some, or all, of those parties will make a statement of their respective positions.

As for protesting, as suggested earlier, who should we protest against and why? Genuine question to those up for it.

I’ll reiterate that if this deal does go through, Martin and his rodents should not be allowed to walk off into the sunset quietly.

There wouldn't be a shortfall for anyone to fund! No idea if Ron is splitting the running costs - haven't heard that, from on here it seemed the consortium were putting in, rumoured to be £3m+ so far.
Ron said on BBC Essex he is splitting the costs and if it falls through he owes the consortium half of everything outlaid. Not sure he quantified what happens if the deal were to go through. Probably as he thought that unlikely given his forthcoming antics.

Ron said on BBC Essex he is splitting the costs and if it falls through he owes the consortium half of everything outlaid. Not sure he quantified what happens if the deal were to go through. Probably as he thought that unlikely given his forthcoming antics.
So Ron's also put in 3m since Xmas? Or is most of the 3m the consortium put in paying off HMRC etc. do we believe Ron is paying 50%, has that been verified?

So on that basis he has put in 1.75 mill as well over the last few months, which is bull****, He has not put a penny in, he has said if its goes tits up he will owe half back to them , fat chance they would ever see that. These figures been banded about when we only apparently lose 2mill a year baffle me.

Last edited:
So Ron's also put in 3m since Xmas? Or is most of the 3m the consortium put in paying off HMRC etc. do we believe Ron is paying 50%, has that been verified?
He’s not paying it per say, he hasn’t paid anything in a long time. He is liable for half what they have paid if it doesn’t go through. I didn’t say they were likely to get owt but good luck to them if they have to try.

H
So on that basis he has put in 1.75 mill as well over the last few months, which is bull****, He has not put a penny in he has said if its goes tits up he will owe half back to them , fat chance they would ever see that. These figures been banded about when we only apparently lose 2mill a year baffle me.
He said he was losing £100k a month from memory. So no idea where this £3.5m figure is coming from to be honest. Maybe old debts or they’ve been even more silly, I have no idea.

I am assuming to a degree this is councillors having the basic principles of such a housing transaction explained to them. It cannot be new in any way shape or form no. And always have in the back of your mind that often what is said is politics not reality.

SBC will be taking the residential units on 55 year leases after which freehold ownership transfers. Surely the leaseholder is SBC, it’s as if they own the residential units, and there is no world in which if they fail to collect rent somehow someone else picks up the tab? If you buy a flat on leasehold and rent it out who do you expect to pay if your tenant leaves and there’s a gap to a new one? Even if an agency guarantees the rent it’s only because they collect across all properties via higher fees. Nothing is free. This is Janet and John surely?

What you do, and same would apply to say holiday lets, is budget for a certain occupancy rate. Then the achieved rents cover any periods of vacancy. It’s this financial model, with input from housing experts, taking into account costs and achievable rents and likely occupancy rates that will be reported on for approval? SBC could rent all units via an agency but the fees would just be funding vacancies in a different way? And putting up rents a bit further.

Am I missing something?? If I’m not then a few councillors deliberately misunderstanding to enjoy a bit of limelight or whatever shouldn’t blow anything off course.
Do the council get the rents for the homes that are successfully rented out? If so I agree - it’s standard. One exception - the leasehold transfers after 55 years, you don’t have to pay a huge amount to extend the lease!

He’s not paying it per say, he hasn’t paid anything in a long time. He is liable for half what they have paid if it doesn’t go through. I didn’t say they were likely to get owt but good luck to them if they have to try.
Ok, so takes me back to original question, why hasn't a business that is hemorrhaging cash not sold season tickets to stop that cash outflow for a month or three?

Could it be that the consortium don't want fans camped outside their doors demanding refunds if we can't start the season? Is it to do with the WUP ( we need to say we have no cash)?

Isn’t the current agreement that the monthly shortfall is split between Consortium and Ron?

If you have the season ticket money influx that means there isn’t a shortfall this month for Ron to fund?
As I understood it. The consortium pay it. Ron pays them half back if they don’t complete (and a pig flies)

Ok, so takes me back to original question, why hasn't a business that is hemorrhaging cash not sold season tickets to stop that cash outflow for a month or three?

Could it be that the consortium don't want fans camped outside their doors demanding refunds if we can't start the season? Is it to do with the WUP ( we need to say we have no cash)?
Because the rat will take the money. Until the completion (if it ever happens occurs) he still has his name above the door and owns the club.

Because the rat will take the money. Until the completion (if it ever happens occurs) he still has his name above the door and owns the club.
If the consortium are putting cash into the club they must have control on cash going out? If not they're nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back