• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well technically the next big date is Wednesday.

For my mind, the time line currently looks like this;

May 15th - WUP (hopefully to be adjourned)

End of May - completion of DD by SCC (hopefully)

Early/mid June - the two weeks of rubber stamping completes (hopefully)

June 19th NL AGM

*There is the little matter of the court case adjournment (hopefully) to fit in somewhere too, but obviously we won’t know what date until next week.

If we go into the NL AGM without the club being sold and the debt cleared, we will be staring down the barrel of their gun & there are those among us who think they already have itchy trigger fingers for us.

To me, we’re either “saved” by June 19th, or we’re finished. I can’t see any other options.
I’m in Amsterdam on June 19th so if we do survive, I may not.

One of the things that worries me is no season tickets on sale - could be for many reasons, but one is that they don't want to be screwing over fans if they think there is chance club will not be here next season.

I don't buy into the Ron will take the money theory.

Reactions: jnl
One of the things that worries me is no season tickets on sale - could be for many reasons, but one is that they don't want to be screwing over fans if they think there is chance club will not be here next season.

Feasible, but as my learned friend @Tribal Chief says, we can all probably guess the real reason why they’re not on sale yet.

Besides, it won’t really affect the playing side of things if they’re on sale now, next week, next month or next year, as has been proved by the consortium funding wages, bringing new bodies in etc.

It might harm our perpetration for the season, it might even stunt our chances of glory, but what matters most is excising that **** and his family from this great club of ours.

So just thinking of potential scenarios whereby Ron's murky financial dealings cause the whole plan as it stands to fall apart. Is there any known reason why the consortium, if still interested, couldn't simply buy the football club seperate to any property involved? I'm assuming they could buy it for £1. In other words, leave Ron with his Fossetts land and his Roots Hall to either do his housing deal or let it all rot. In the meantime, the football club does a groundshare deal with someone like Billericay, lets the dust settle, and eventually looks to build a new ground somewhere, stand by stand if neccesary as finances allow. Bit like Wimbledon did (I know they built their's in one go by the way but you get the idea). There has to be a way of seperating the football club from all Ron's property dealings if things can't go ahead as planned surely?

The about to be new leader of SBC has once again tweeted his commitment to securing the consortiums takeover. Ignore the other noise- its just embarrassing to read and we don't need to share on here. And it veers into politics where one side isn't covering itself in glory. It too shall pass.

So just thinking of potential scenarios whereby Ron's murky financial dealings cause the whole plan as it stands to fall apart. Is there any known reason why the consortium, if still interested, couldn't simply buy the football club seperate to any property involved? I'm assuming they could buy it for £1. In other words, leave Ron with his Fossetts land and his Roots Hall to either do his housing deal or let it all rot. In the meantime, the football club does a groundshare deal with someone like Billericay, lets the dust settle, and eventually looks to build a new ground somewhere, stand by stand if neccesary as finances allow. Bit like Wimbledon did (I know they built their's in one go by the way but you get the idea). There has to be a way of seperating the football club from all Ron's property dealings if things can't go ahead as planned surely?

The issue with that will be the consortiums will (or lack of) to plough multi-millions into Southend United, for potentially no return - certainly not for many many years at least.

Just procuring a piece of land, building a stadium all whilst continuing to fund the day-to-day running of the club, would run into the multi-millions.

Edit: and that’s before we even got into the notion of fans demanding we break the bank for a new striker etc.

Reactions: jnl
The council are not gonna do anything so unless as fans we step up and apply pressure to all relevant parties we will cease to exist come June 19th

The council are not gonna do anything so unless as fans we step up and apply pressure to all relevant parties we will cease to exist come June 19th
But our fanbase is gutless and spineless, been saying it for years. Unless the trust get involved (which for some reason everyone blindly follows) we'll yet again do nothing. I've already seen on this thread countless posts saying what will protesting achieve. Well it was our protesting that got us into the media that was then seen by Justin. Plus, sitting around doing nothing isn't going to help anyone is it.

I'm sick of us just accepting this ****, no other team would accept as much as we do.

But our fanbase is gutless and spineless, been saying it for years. Unless the trust get involved (which for some reason everyone blindly follows) we'll yet again do nothing. I've already seen on this thread countless posts saying what will protesting achieve. Well it was our protesting that got us into the media that got seen by Justin. Plus, sitting around doing nothing isn't going to help anyone is it.

I'm sick of us just accepting this ****, no other team would accept as much as we do.
I agree. There's only one person to blame, in my eyes. The guy that is holding the club and it's fans to ransom. He stripped out all the best assets, exactly for this eventuality.

If you buy the club then you also buy all the debt the club has. We're millions in debt, a lot of the money owed is to Ron himself but he isn't going to wipe that debt until he gets his property deal.

But our fanbase is gutless and spineless, been saying it for years. Unless the trust get involved (which for some reason everyone blindly follows) we'll yet again do nothing. I've already seen on this thread countless posts saying what will protesting achieve. Well it was our protesting that got us into the media that was then seen by Justin. Plus, sitting around doing nothing isn't going to help anyone is it.

Absolutely agree with you 100%. I don't understand for so many people who claim to love the club are happy to sit and watch it burn

Yawn yawn yawn

Isn’t the current agreement that the monthly shortfall is split between Consortium and Ron?

If you have the season ticket money influx that means there isn’t a shortfall this month for Ron to fund?

More bad news. Especially as Terry and Woodentop have started to pipe up. In my own opinion.

A change of leadership at Southend City Council will see some major issues put under the spotlight, including a homes deal that will pave the way for the sale of Southend United.

Independents say they are ready to support a new Labour-led joint administration but both groups say they have reservations about a development of 1,300 homes at Fossetts Farm that could see the council liable to pay rent on unlet homes.
The finer details of a new waste contract have also yet to be ironed out.

The Fossetts deal will see the upmarket homes leased to the council under a build-to-rent finance scheme.
The council will lease the homes and gather rents, retaining a management fee and passing the rest to Thames Plaza - a company run by Southend United chairman Ron Martin’s sons Jack and Thomas.
If the council fails to rent the properties the council will be liable for the rents.

Daniel Cowan, leader of the Labour Group, said: “There are a lot of really big issues facing the city at the moment. The two biggest ones being the waste contract and the Fossetts Farm development.

“The Labour Group’s position is that we will do everything we can to deliver a development at Fossetts Farm that works for the city and that we have to wait to see the outcome of the Those words are banned before we can make any firm decisions on how we move forward.”
Martin Terry, leader of the Independent Group, said: “We’ve got some major challenges such as the football club, the waste contract, the financial challenges. All these things need to be got to grip with quickly.
“With the football club, there are concerns around that deal and we are waiting for financial assessors to make a recommendation to members.
“There are questions around this gold-plated voids situation where theoretically the void rents will have to be paid by the city council. It’s understanding what that means in black and white.”

Mr Terry added: “I want the club to go onwards and upwards but we can’t do that at the cost of the city. I’m sure a deal will be worked out but we’ll have to ensure we protect the city.
“I don’t think we can afford a delay but we are waiting on the professional judgement of people. It’s a complex deal that needs to work for the club and the city.”
This is very concerning. The liable for rent of empty properties combined with the higher rents then normal and the lack of affordable housing (pure greed), make this a pretty terrible proposition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back