• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact remains does it not that rat boy could seal the deal for the sale of the club any time he wants but he’s using us as a bargaining chip? Only protest needed is at his door, sell and let us move on from you. The consortium know now they’ve been used to pay his bills as he messes about. They need to play hard ball as do we as fans regardless of how it could end our club.
Spot on. The consortium put way too much trust in Ron and now they know they’ve been led on a merry dance and their feet are beyond cold, they’re positively frigid. I think they will get a four week adjournment and when it isn’t finalized in June, then it’s over. Sorry, but this is true.

They were waiting for Ron to agree to pay for the DD
I am not sure that is correct but it could be. I am pretty sure they were the ones who instructed each company to do each part of the DD at their initial cost which they would get back (LOL to the last part)

If I have read the article correctly which CP posted today the delays are with CBRE and the council and not Ron on this occasion? If that is true, what is a protest outside Rons going to do? Why havent people protested outside the council who took ages to start DD back in December time?
lol bless you

They were waiting for Ron to agree to pay for the DD
Well the consortium don’t mention Ron at all. They say “We remain frustrated with the continuous delays surrounding the closure of the sale and would encourage the Council and CBRE to complete their remaining processes with greater urgency.”
I know we all want it to be Ron holding things up but it’s not what the consortium actually say…
Based on this you would have to say SBC in the first instance owe us clarity- presumably Captain Jibberish is “no more” so it’s Cllr Dent we need to hear from- we can only hope this results in an injection of pace?
Getting something out of CRBE is going to be challenging (they won’t feel the same obligation to update us) and it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t wait for the SBC steps to be completed.

Edit: BTW I know you are re the DD talking about delay at the beginning of the process and that no doubt is true

Last edited:
Well the consortium don’t mention Ron at all. They say “We remain frustrated with the continuous delays surrounding the closure of the sale and would encourage the Council and CBRE to complete their remaining processes with greater urgency.”
I know we all want it to be Ron holding things up but it’s not what the consortium actually say…
Based on this you would have to say SBC in the first instance owe us clarity- presumably Captain Jibberish is “no more” so it’s Cllr Dent we need to hear from- we can only hope this results in an injection of pace?
Getting something out of CRBE is going to be challenging (they won’t feel the same obligation to update us) and it would surprise me if they didn’t wait for the SBC steps to be completed.
There is of course the possibility that the Rats behaviour has led to CBRE dragging their heels …

20 mil is the roadblock isn’t it? Mad if it wasn’t. I don’t care if I have to stand in 40cm of **** in the West for the next 40 years with only 7,999 others. Just give me a club without Martin in it and he can have his £20m. I just want my club back. Let him **** himself dry on millions of banknotes with Charlie boy’s face on until he passes away. My club out of his grasp is all I want.

I'm not exaggerating at all when I tell you, this COULD continue to go on like this well into next year.

The amount still needed to happen is huge! So many balls are in play right now and many more things could go wrong.

Yes! My my (borderline boring by now) pessimism will eventually come undone, but we are in for a repeat of last summer at this rate
Which would beg the question why would SBC give the impression it *could* be all done by the 15th? We need to hear from the new council leader urgently- if the ball has been dropped he has no incentive to say otherwise..

20 mil is the roadblock isn’t it? Mad if it wasn’t. I don’t care if I have to stand in 40cm of **** in the West for the next 40 years with only 7,999 others. Just give me a club without Martin in it and he can have his £20m. I just want my club back. Let him **** himself dry on millions of banknotes with Charlie boy’s face on until he passes away. My club out of his grasp is all I want.
I think it’s around when not if it is paid- the payment schedule/ timing

I am a little confused as if we were losing 2 mill a season as stated previously why are the consortium already 3.5 mill down? Surely they cannot wait much longer to ask for season ticket money or is that being held back now as everything is so unsure.

TBH I think this deal is all on a knife edge now and could collapse at any moment.
I put July for the takeover to be completed. But now I’m feeling less confident.
I bet the consortium wish they never got involved with the 🐀. How much longer will they tolerate this situation?

There is of course the possibility that the Rats behaviour has led to CBRE dragging their heels …
CBRE had their deal all signed sealed and delivered before the club was put up for sale and with that the new guys wanting to keep RH.

They are now in a minefield created by the rat and are having to deal with SBC. They will do nothing until they have full planning on all the houses at FF. The council of course have to be squeaky clean in all dealings and trying to untangle the Web of inter company stuff to try to see a clear picture must be nye on impossible especially now the DD is looking at finances. Is this The rats finances because surely they would have some trust in CBRE and their Merseyside friends.

Last edited:
lol bless you
see the below post to yours which explains my point further. one day most of you will realise Ron isnt the only issue.

The consortium said:

“We remain frustrated with the continuous delays surrounding the closure of the sale and would encourage the Council and CBRE to complete their remaining processes with greater urgency.”

So are you saying the consortium are lying? As far as I can see they have absolutely no reason to lie and have called Ron out before.

CP has even said today what the hold ups are.

Those who want to protest outside Rons have every right too but the simple fact is that isnt going to change anything. Up the pressure on the council instead.

Isn’t Cllr Cowan the leader of the Labour Group? So presume he will become leader ( I mentioned Dent but maybe it’s Cowan)

I say become as he has tweeted Captain Jibberish is refusing to resign and so there is going to have to be a vote of confidence to get him out ( I guess he’s squatting)

@CllrCowan

Bumped into someone today who has experience in the kind of development/financial shenanigans Ron has inflicted upon us. He reckons those ultimately responsible for transferring the charges from RH to FF won't do so until full planning permission granted on FF.
I know little of these issues and always appreciate those that do post on here.
Does this sound feasible?
So my pal seemed spot on with CRBE wanting full planning permission before finalising anything.
Thanks ron.
This only ends one way I'm afraid.
Where will AFC southend be playing home games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back