• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do hope this gets done on Friday. Today would be nice but there’s a 0.0000000000001% chance that the Rat will agree to it. I’m not ITK here but I want Friday 5pm Deal agreed.

Well one thing is certain.
Once again pre-season is interrupted. We are far behind any competitors with regards to squad building and it's going to be a similar season to last, with the chances of promotion now very slim. At least two more seasons in this damn league..... if we do survive that is.
Thanks Ron.
Best thing you can do, for your sanity as much as anything, is to not look beyond the club surviving

I'd be delighted to endure another season down here if it means our club is out of Ron Martin's clutches.

Unfortunately for the timescale no professional firm appointed to carry out DD is going to blindly adopt the work another firm has done previously, even if it’s the exact same contract. The new firm will be the one whose name is on the DD and the one who has the risk of being pursed if something blows up at a later date. If the client was a private business then they could just re-appoint the previous DD firm but as Cllr Cowan says above SCC don’t have that option.
In practice it’ll be the same firms doing the DD, Cowan just can’t say that yet as it hasn’t been through the process

It’ll be the same firms as
A) they were presumably the best value 6 months ago
B) they’ve done much of the work already so it’s less work for them and they should price that in

My concern is more about the time it’ll take to go through the procurement process and the time it’ll take for Ron to (a) agree to pay and (b) actually pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back