• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

How on earth is Anna saying she would medeate a meeting between the two partys seen as a cheep stunt . The lady had been in court when any winding up has come .She has met with the concoetium on many occations .She has done more to try to help the club while in office .Than ronald rat has done in years .So maybe she has the club at heart .iF she wins her seat next term or not .I will say it because i bleve it THANK YOU ANNA for all you have tryed to do .
Agreed Tommy I really can’t understand why people are thinking like this. She has enough issues fighting a losing battle to be part of the party in power. She sure as hell won’t win any swing voters on the basis of her support but she could well lose some. Most people in the borough couldn’t give two hoots about SUFC.

I’m no Tory but in Firth, Amess and Taylor we had constituency MPs not grandstanders. That’s a minority group.

And no more on party politics please folks. Trying to be accommodating, especially now the nastiness has been debunked, but it’s all off topic unless it is directly - very directly - relevant to a specific future action or event between the stakeholders to this deal. Anything just about politics or politicians or views on their personal perspectives / actions will be deleted.

Given agreement on the revised proposal this Friday latest would the likely planning route be in two steps. First amend current planning to remove the stadium build requirements and adjust for the new housing mix, and then second a separate planning application for the new housing where the stadium would have been?

Would this, in theory, allow a quicker route to the development starting? (given relative small amendments to existing planning first) and therefore to COSU beginning to receive some funds earlier as well?
It would be quicker and simpler to seek new planning consent than to attempt to amend the existing one.

Will take this as positive
I've questioned this with Chris. I thought there was an ultimatum and deadline for this Friday. So why are there meetings being arranged and why is it they hope they can come to an agreement? is it not as simple as a yes or no. I appreciate nothing is simple with Ron but i thought it was very much this is what the council have offered take it or leave it

I've questioned this with Chris. I thought there was an ultimatum and deadline for this Friday. So why are there meetings being arranged and why is it they hope they can come to an agreement? is it not as simple as a yes or no. I appreciate nothing is simple with Ron but i thought it was very much this is what the council have offered take it or leave it
Get the feeling he’ll be exploiting any ‘grey’ areas to his own ratty advantage

After a really positive statement that the deal was on the table and in Martins court to accept, now to read that negotiations and meetings are happening this week is bizarre. Surely history of this man shows that if you give him an inch to spin in he will be doing doughnuts all down the A13.
I was really positive you would get the result you needed by giving him no other option than a yes / no answer. This now feels like playing in to his hands as he can blame others if it falls over

Just a question?

If planning has been agreed on xx number of houses, etc.... which has been sent to the 🐀 family for viewing and acceptance as a final offer, surely the bar is set and they will not want anything less?

So, it should be a fairly easy decision to make?

I just hope that final means final and he doesn`t wriggle out of a cornered position.

After a really positive statement that the deal was on the table and in Martins court to accept, now to read that negotiations and meetings are happening this week is bizarre. Surely history of this man shows that if you give him an inch to spin in he will be doing doughnuts all down the A13.
I was really positive you would get the result you needed by giving him no other option than a yes / no answer. This now feels like playing in to his hands as he can blame others if it falls over
it’s just becoming so ducking tiresome and wearing now - I’m getting to the point of not caring anymore.

Gt Wakering is my next closest club, think I’ll be giving them my money instead ☹️

I think there was an initial misinterpretation that then got shared by many (including me regrettably) as fact - specifically that there was a take it or leave it offer on the table and the developers had to respond Friday latest.

This was never thus...has been corrected but of course once said it seems the alternative facts will never die...

SCC shared their requirements and red lines including housing mix last weekend. It was then for the developers to come back with a proposal that respected those requirements and red lines. Outside of those requirements and red lines there is room for some negotiation. This is what is now happening? Hence, I suppose, reference to negotiations.

The bit I am a bit hazy on (and Cllr Cowan can clear up assuming even the above is correct) is that the developers had until this Friday to respond. As above, I assume they already have hence negotiations. But I am still struggling to see an actual deadline currently in place for agreement. YET there is the small matter of a WUP marked final next week...an immovable stop..

The only deadline I can see is the if COSU walk then so do SCC? Maybe COSU have communicated something to SCC and the developers but its not public? Have SCC communicated a deadline or is it a case of as long as COSU don't walk it just meanders along? We know the Martins modus operandi is to endlessly kick the can down the road..

You have to believe next weeks WUP hearing is a hard stop unless the idea that COSU will clear it anyway has somehow taken hold. Which I doubt (let's not even dignify the idea Ron will). Therefore a deadline set early would be very wise because the judge aint waiting for anyone?

it’s just becoming so ducking tiresome and wearing now - I’m getting to the point of not caring anymore.

Gt Wakering is my next closest club, think I’ll be giving them my money instead ☹️
I think you are being too kind. I think it is like some form of mental torture, akin to a war crime. Wonder if we can hold RM accountable for that?

Back