• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

They dont want us to survive. How many clubs even at league one level could post a £1m bond in less than 2 days. Completely unacceptable by them. They are the most incompetent football authority ever
Interesting that the statement from the National League points out the club have a right to appeal and there does not seem to be any explicit time-frame for depositing the bond with the National League. Any appeal against the bond decision would surely take some time.

All of the couse team deserve all the pludits . They are going well beyond what they need to do to save our club .Thank you so much from the bottom of all shrimpers hearts for trying so hard to save our club .Now its over to you mr martin just hand over the keys to the hall .And let theres men get on with doing what you cant and .SAVE SOUTHEND UNITED .
before some pick me up again i know the name i COSU easry in the morning im half asleep with fat fingers sorry folks

Well that’s great news for you all to wake up to, I’ts a really positive development and I hope it helps those especially who are feeling the mental effects of all this the most, deep down though im sure they’re only doing it to Keep the Essex derby going 🤣🤣
Seriously though guys, this COSU lot are keepers, it’s incredible they’ve hung in there after yesterday’s developments.

One question, was their original plan to buy the club AND RH on day one? My recollection of timelines is the reason it had to wait for FF to be signed off is so that all the charges on RH could be transferred over before COSU bought it.
Could it now be they’re trying to buy the club now but may have to have some short term deal to lease RH until charges removed?
The original plan was to buy the club and lease Roots Hall for a peppercorn rent (or free, I can't remember) until planning is granted at FF and the charges against it lifted, at which point Ron was to hand over RH.

Ron Martin and son Prove to us you have a heart as let cosu take over the club even if its untill you get your pot of gold in the form of housing And let cosu keep the club ALIVE

The original plan was to buy the club and lease Roots Hall for a peppercorn rent (or free, I can't remember) until planning is granted at FF and the charges against it lifted, at which point Ron was to hand over RH.
Thank you, that makes COSU’s statement all
The sweeter then if it doesn’t really alter the structure of the deal

Can someone clarify this for me please.

I was under the impression that the reason COSU couldn’t complete the takeover now was that Ron wouldn’t sign over the club until he had the new lease agreement etc done. So until the due diligence is complete and it’s all signed and sealed, not that the consortium had chosen not to complete the purchase.

Who is choosing to hold the deal up? The Martins or COSU? Because if it’s the Martins then it’s still a very big concern.

If I’ve got anything wrong then please educate me.

Last edited:
A few people posted that season ticket prices were more expensive this season to help with the survival of the club then they'd pay it. Perhaps they're the price they would've been otherwise with an option to contribute.

£1m bond plus a 500k WUP... It might not a huge difference because COSU would've already been anticipating a lump sum from season tickets but a little extra could soften some of the hits they're taking.

I wrote yesterday that one solution was for COSU to buy the club before the council/Ron agreement, but it begged the question why hadn't they already done that and saved the pain of wups and transfer embargo? I hope the answer is that it's riskier (or something like that).

NEGATIVE BIT ALERT

BUT could it be that COSU know it can't be done - have they played a pr blinder saying they'll buy the club now, knowing Ron cannot sell now and hence shifting all blame on Ron (not that there was much blame elsewhere).

I have no itk so hopefully just spouting bollocks.

Last edited:
A few people posted that season ticket prices were more expensive this season to help with the survival of the club then they'd pay it. Perhaps they're the price they would've been otherwise with an option to contribute.

£1m bond plus a 500k WUP... It might not a huge difference because COSU would've already been anticipating a lump sum from season tickets but a little extra could soften some of the hits they're taking.
Bear in mind the bond money gets returned if/when COSU take over, so whilst they are putting up the money “at-risk” on completion of sale they will get it back.

All of this depends on when the payment has to be lodged etc as theoretically if they can demonstrate change of control ahead of the bond due date they may not have to pay it into to the NFL escrow account.

Given this twist from Cosu is it safe to assume that Ron hasn't put up security to allow COSU to continue funding the club whilst not owning it?

So none of the conditions that COSU set a week or 2 ago have been met (yet)

Bear in mind the bond money gets returned if/when COSU take over, so whilst they are putting up the money “at-risk” on completion of sale they will get it back.

All of this depends on when the payment has to be lodged etc as theoretically if they can demonstrate change of control ahead of the bond due date they may not have to pay it into to the NFL escrow account.
Ahhh okay. Thank you for clearing that up.

When i went to bed last night my heart was breaking at the thought that this is the end of the road for our club .I got up this morning to find that there are i0 men who are fighting tooth and nail to save the club you and i love .I truly hope they can pull us up from the final bell THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing all you can to save our club .

Back