• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

This is what winds me up the most. Last night they were at 0 yards apart with verbal agreement. By morning it’s 100 yards out. They continually move the goalposts and take the **** and are allowed to get away with it, every single time.

By the end of the next day they have essentially gained 20 yards and have verbally “agreed” again. For how long though?…it’s the same old merry go round of brinkmanship, which they are masters of.

Keep doing this every week, appear co-operative, buy a bit more time, others covering your liabilities and they will be back at a Cllr Cox 2.0 deal eventually.

Sickening.
I’ve pretty much said this on X

This is what winds me up the most. Last night they were at 0 yards apart with verbal agreement. By morning it’s 100 yards out. They continually move the goalposts and take the **** and are allowed to get away with it, every single time.

By the end of the next day they have essentially gained 20 yards and have verbally “agreed” again. For how long though?…it’s the same old merry go round of brinkmanship, which they are masters of.

Keep doing this every week, appear co-operative, buy a bit more time, others covering your liabilities and they will be back at a Cllr Cox 2.0 deal eventually.

Sickening.
Totally naive to believe a verbal agreement had any credibility with Ron! 🤣

OK so where does the club and consortium go from hear Weds will be our date with destiny Eithe the judge allows another 4 weeks or we die rat man and council agreement or not

we
Evening all, it’s been a hell of a day so I’ll make this one post but I am totally wiped so I can’t respond to all comments.

To start: our ultimatum last week was for a response that satisfied us to continue negotiations. That was always clear in the letter. Long story short, we got what we needed.

Today: I’ve re-written my statement 5 times as the ground kept shifting. At 3.30pm I told Ron that for all intents and purposes, we were out. They hadn’t met our points and we were effectively out of time. A flurry of calls over the next hour saw them move toward our position but not far enough. We started the day 100 miles apart and we’d seen them move 50ft in our direction.

By 4.45pm I had a decision to make. Walk away knowing that was it for the club, or try one final time. At 4.50pm I had written a statement saying we gave our terms, they weren’t met, and we were walking away.

At 5pm, I heard that 50ft had become 10 miles. Still not good enough but a big jump. I sanctioned a final offer, take it or leave it, on our position. It required us moving 20 miles to them but them coming the rest of the way to us.

At 5.37pm I got the call that they had agreed.

Yes, we needed to compromise a bit but nowhere near the original deal that failed DD.

It’s not perfect and we still don’t know what will happen with COSU but I wanted to be able to look myself in the eye and say I did everything I could.

We held strong to our position, not immovable but firm.

Now it is out of our hands.

I know many of you will be disappointed that I compromised a little and many of you will be glad that I did. Ultimately I don’t think anyone is happy which is the art of compromise, right?

Anyway, the next stage is to complete Heads of Terms and then progress to DD.

I hope we’re in a position to do that (subject to other issues).

We’ve done all we can and I’ve tried to be as open and transparent with you all as possible.

It may not be enough but I’m confident I’ve done my best.
Fair play Mr Cowan, and thank you for your efforts and transparency during the most difficult and stressful times for all. I guess that only time will tell if Ron actually puts his signature behind the words - AGREED. Something in my gut tells me when he wakes up in the morning he will think that he will drive for a little more on Monday, then again on Tues, then Wed ............ If that is the case then please be sure to give him a clear and loud F*ck Off and don't come back!!

There comes a time when even if it is the most difficult of decisions, impacting the very existence of a football club that has lived with generations and fans, the decision has to be taken. Right is right and money grabbing, low life should NEVER be allowed profit, The Martins using our club as a bargaining chip is simply despicable!

Evening all, it’s been a hell of a day so I’ll make this one post but I am totally wiped so I can’t respond to all comments.

To start: our ultimatum last week was for a response that satisfied us to continue negotiations. That was always clear in the letter. Long story short, we got what we needed.

Today: I’ve re-written my statement 5 times as the ground kept shifting. At 3.30pm I told Ron that for all intents and purposes, we were out. They hadn’t met our points and we were effectively out of time. A flurry of calls over the next hour saw them move toward our position but not far enough. We started the day 100 miles apart and we’d seen them move 50ft in our direction.

By 4.45pm I had a decision to make. Walk away knowing that was it for the club, or try one final time. At 4.50pm I had written a statement saying we gave our terms, they weren’t met, and we were walking away.

At 5pm, I heard that 50ft had become 10 miles. Still not good enough but a big jump. I sanctioned a final offer, take it or leave it, on our position. It required us moving 20 miles to them but them coming the rest of the way to us.

Yes, we needed to compromise a bit but nowhere near the original deal that failed DD.

It’s not perfect and we still don’t know what will happen with COSU but I wanted to be able to look myself in the eye and say I did everything I could.

I know many of you will be disappointed that I compromised a little and many of you will be glad that I did. Ultimately I don’t think anyone is happy which is the art of compromise, right?

We’ve done all we can and I’ve tried to be as open and transparent with you all as possible.

After what sounds like a roller coaster of a day where you must be mentally exhausted, to still find the time and energy to then communicate with the fan base is admirable as is the effort you are clearly putting into this deal. I hope you have a well earned glass this evening and I thank you in advance for your ongoing commitment to this nightmare we have all been living for sometime.

He said he the past he can't communicate using the normal channels due to the election. If this wasn't the election period I suspect it would be adorned with the SBC information
I think we should be grateful to cllr Cowan for giving us any updates on his own paper as he cannot give any 'official' updates due to the election.We now need the Council to get tough with the Martins and get this over the line quickly ,subject to DD before COSU walk.

Thank you for the update which provides more clarity. However, you were in this place last night and everything changed this morning, what confidence do you have come Monday they won’t try to change agreements again ?

OK so where does the club and consortium go from hear Weds will be our date with destiny Eithe the judge allows another 4 weeks or we die rat man and council agreement or not
We have to qait and see what COSU decide first. Those ITK have indicated they won't walk but we await a statement

If that stupid little man goes back from what has been agreed late tonight He should lose everything And get taken to the cleaner's by the company's he owes money to

Back