• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What school did you go to?

Bournemouth Park Infant and Junior schools mid-90s-2000
Whitecross School, Gloucestershire, 2000-2005
Royal Forest of Dean College 2005-2006 (dropped out)
Royal Forest of Dean College 2007 - 2008 (one year course)
Gloscat/Gloscol/Gloucestershire College (take your pick) 2008-2010

Hoping to go to uni in Westminster as well.

Heycroft Primary 1984-1990
Southend High School for Boys 1990-1997
Royal Holloway, University of London 2001-2004

primary school 56ish victoria avenue[school knocked down to build the police station and civic centre] rest of education nothing to right home about,hamlet court,southchurch.

Chalkwell Hall Infant School (1993-1996)
Chalkwell Hall Junior School (1996-2000)
Westcliff High School for Boys (2000-2005)
Westcliff High School for Boys 6th Form (2005-2007)
University Campus Suffolk, Ipswich (2007-)

Chalkwell Hall was an excellent school until a year or so after I left, constalntly being beaten by only Westleigh in Southend's primary school exam performance tables and sending 20-30 children to the grammar schools each year. The place has gone down the pan now.

Judging by what I've read here and heard from my dad, WHSB was a hard place to be in the 60s and 70s, but my years there were very happy ones.

fairways 89-90
highfields (leeds) 90-92
Leigh County Jr/North Street 92-97
WHSB - 97-03

Yeah, they abolished approved schools ages ago now ;)

You're not wrong! I went to Fairfax High School For Boys between 1976-1981 & it was rough!! A kid instead of getting the cane off a teacher, got a thick wooden chair leg across the arse at full whack another booted up the arse with the power of a Clarkey hoof out of defence & there were fights between pupils & teachers! A crap school!

I went to numerous infant & junior schools, never staying at one for more than 2 years, due to moving. Locally I went to Milton Hall (75-76) & Bluehouse Juniors, Basildon (73-75) My favourite school was a little village school in Saxton, Yorkshire, where there were two classes for different age ranges. every Tuesday & Thursday we were allowed to play on the climbing frame! It was also next door to where I was living!!

Chalkwell Hall was an excellent school until a year or so after I left, constalntly being beaten by only Westleigh in Southend's primary school exam performance tables and sending 20-30 children to the grammar schools each year. The place has gone down the pan now.

Judging by what I've read here and heard from my dad, WHSB was a hard place to be in the 60s and 70s, but my years there were very happy ones.

Clever boy.

Eeek! I had to run the gauntlet of you Belfairs Boys on the way to and from school from 68 to 73 - being WHSB I was an easy spot. :'(

Yes, i remember some of 'rabble' who used to brag of going 'westcliff high bashing'. Not me as i lived in the broadway and headed off to that horrible old s***hole every day via Hadleigh Road.

Tell your dad from me that any school with him in it would have been a hard place to be!

:whistling: :D

God this is going to be long.

Dark Lane ..Thundersley
Hamlet Court Infants
Westminster College (Westcliff Boarding School)
Highfield College (Leigh Boarding School)
Eaton House (Thorpe Bay, I was the only boarder there)
Fairfax High. ( when my parents could not afford to send me away any more)

Years,ermmmm ages ago.:'(

Yes, i remember some of 'rabble' who used to brag of going 'westcliff high bashing'. Not me as i lived in the broadway and headed off to that horrible old s***hole every day via Hadleigh Road.

Not a bad walk home, but a bit of an uphill on the way to school for you. Being WHSB meant no one loved us, or that's what is seemed like - especially with Tommy More across the road.

Not a bad walk home, but a bit of an uphill on the way to school for you. Being WHSB meant no one loved us, or that's what is seemed like - especially with Tommy More across the road.

Don't talk to me about Hadleigh Road, Highfield college used to be on the corner of Burnham Road and Hadleigh Road and every morning including Sundays we were made to walk the whole of the Marine estate..I hated boarding school with a vengeance and never understood how I was at boarding school most my life whilst my sisters were at home....:'(

I found out many years later of course before my Mother died..it still did not make it any easier as a kid.

Back