• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Me, I have to watch the penny's, as rent rises and other rises have crippled me. That's one of the greatest things to have happened in my book, and that's cheap goods stores like Poundland, B&M, Poundstretchers, and my personal favourite, Home Bargains.
There was an interesting article I saw about Poundland and how they're actually more expensive than other shops on some items.

I know, for example, that you can buy branded goods like chocolates etc for £1. Usually the brands make smaller versions just for Poundland. If you take the price per gram (for example) Poundland comes out more expensive than other supermarkets.

Be careful you're not being ripped off.

There was an interesting article I saw about Poundland and how they're actually more expensive than other shops on some items.

I know, for example, that you can buy branded goods like chocolates etc for £1. Usually the brands make smaller versions just for Poundland. If you take the price per gram (for example) Poundland comes out more expensive than other supermarkets.

Be careful you're not being ripped off.
I'm now a brilliant shopper. So I know the cost and sizes at all the stores. I know the bargains, and also know the not such a good deals. Each of these stores, especially B&M, have bargains galore, but about 20% of stuff that is actually quite dear. So it's a matter of picking and choosing.

Getting new flooring next week so have taken up the old laminate and thought id put a couple of old offcut carpet bits I had in the loft.

Pretty chuffed. I can barely see the join :ROFL:

20240803_142511.jpg

Now if anyone has any decent ideas for squeaky stairs please comment and drop me a DM. I've screwed them in but the squeak appears to be coming from the back of the riser against the stair tread. Thinking expanding glue

Getting new flooring next week so have taken up the old laminate and thought id put a couple of old offcut carpet bits I had in the loft.

Pretty chuffed. I can barely see the join :ROFL:

View attachment 33237

Now if anyone has any decent ideas for squeaky stairs please comment and drop me a DM. I've screwed them in but the squeak appears to be coming from the back of the riser against the stair tread. Thinking expanding glue
I've been told talcum powder is good for squeaky floorboards as it acts like a lubricant. I've never tried it though.

Just had a skein of about 20 geese flying low over the house honking away and heading towards Southend. Always a wonderful sight to see.

Had a long weekend of family down from Brum to visit, thoroughly enjoyable but the wine supplies and me are grateful that their next stop is France, more wine there. Bye kids have a good time.

1000005619.jpg

Last edited:
Back