• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Part one of The Moorside - documentary type drama surrounding the local women surrounding the Shannon Mathews case, with Sheridan Smith playing the woman who had done most of the campaigning and organising searches. Don't know the actress playing Karen Mathews, but she's done it very well. I think part two is Thursday.

Part one of The Moorside - documentary type drama surrounding the local women surrounding the Shannon Mathews case, with Sheridan Smith playing the woman who had done most of the campaigning and organising searches. Don't know the actress playing Karen Mathews, but she's done it very well. I think part two is Thursday.

Its next Tuesday Kay. It was ok, Karen Matthews was obviously borderline Learning Difficulties and there's no IQ test for having kids.

And just seen that the actress playing KM was Game of Thrones Yara Greyjoy.

Anyone see the last QI with Frankie Boyle? Most uncomfortable guest I have ever seen, clearly didn't want to be there.

I thought he was alright. Put on a lot of weight. Anyway, any show with Ross Noble is good value.

Really? He barely laughed, spoke like a naughty schoolboy about the religious law bit and barely seemed to take part.

I like Ross Noble, but sometimes I think his comedy style can sometimes ruin "fact" based shows like QI when he's allowed to go off at a tangent. I think he spoilt the last version of the Infinite Monkey Cage by continually making jokes and talking over the scientific experts. I realise it's a light hearted comedy show with a dash of science, but Ross, sometimes shut the funk up!

Finished Peaky Blinders now, not sure I really get the ending. Maybe it's because I'm a bit thick but I don't really understand the logic behind it or how/if they will continue from that.

After Brexit - The battle For Europe on BBC2 last night.

Enjoyed watching the documentary, and still in shock that the beeb actually made it.

Legion. New Marvel/X-Men show on Fox with Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey) in the title role, season premiere last night, hope the quality keeps up like the debut because it could take the comic book tv genre to a new level, felt like Kubrick was directing a superhero! It's actually created by Fargo creator Noah Hawley.

Can anyone recommend anything on Netflix or Amazon at the minute? I loved Making A Murderer and I'm about to start watching Fear the 13. Anything along those lines would be great......

Can anyone recommend anything on Netflix or Amazon at the minute? I loved Making A Murderer and I'm about to start watching Fear the 13. Anything along those lines would be great......

On Netflix there's a documentary called 13th which is fantastic.

..Just watched Panorama on BBC1, Behind Bars, Prison Undercover

Our prison system looks terrifying ! Most of the inmates are off their heads on 'Spice' and out of control.

What concerns me me is the prospect that these psychopaths will be released, totally without rehab and a damn sight worse that when they went in...

..Just watched Panorama on BBC1, Behind Bars, Prison Undercover

Our prison system looks terrifying ! Most of the inmates are off their heads on 'Spice' and out of control.

What concerns me me is the prospect that these psychopaths will be released, totally without rehab and a damn sight worse that when they went in...

I wish I could say that prison is an exception, but it's not. Yes, I watched and nothing there surprised me.

Of course it's terrifying, the service cut numbers of officers and then also lost vast numbers of experienced officers when they brought in a new regime which over promoted inexperienced officers to meet "targets" of black/lesbian or gay/female officers in positions of responsibility! Honest, if you were a female black lesbian, then you were fast tracked for promotion - hence many of the hard working and long serving middle aged white blokes decided it was no longer for them. Bringing in university graduates for fast track promotions to management was also handled ridiculously - what good is a prison governor with a degree in photography?!!! And yes, that DID happen.

Add into that the whole privatisation thing and it's been a recipe for disaster, all over seen by a succession of inept and out of their depth Ministers.

And then, of course, there's the bleeding heart liberals who've gone on about rehabilitation and prisoners' "rights". Prisoners know they have the upper hand and know there's very few prison officers out there who're going to do anything about their behaviour because the officers' hands are effectively tied.

Most of you know my hubby is an ex PO, he once had a Governor come down to him at reception (where prisoners are recorded in and out) and say, "We've not released enough Chinese prisoners this month." Hubby did point out quite forcibly that there weren't any Chinese prisoners due for release. It's all about politically correct targets!

They won't do anything until an officer actually dies in a prison as a result of prisoners' behaviour. If you're interested in the truth behind some of this, then follow "Know the Danger" on FB. One privatised prison has told its staff that any of those caught following, sharing or commenting on this page will be dismissed - yet another example of why the service is dying on its arse.

I wish I could say that prison is an exception, but it's not. Yes, I watched and nothing there surprised me.

Of course it's terrifying, the service cut numbers of officers and then also lost vast numbers of experienced officers when they brought in a new regime which over promoted inexperienced officers to meet "targets" of black/lesbian or gay/female officers in positions of responsibility! Honest, if you were a female black lesbian, then you were fast tracked for promotion - hence many of the hard working and long serving middle aged white blokes decided it was no longer for them. Bringing in university graduates for fast track promotions to management was also handled ridiculously - what good is a prison governor with a degree in photography?!!! And yes, that DID happen.

Add into that the whole privatisation thing and it's been a recipe for disaster
, all over seen by a succession of inept and out of their depth Ministers.

And then, of course, there's the bleeding heart liberals who've gone on about rehabilitation and prisoners' "rights"
. Prisoners know they have the upper hand and know there's very few prison officers out there who're going to do anything about their behaviour because the officers' hands are effectively tied.

Most of you know my hubby is an ex PO, he once had a Governor come down to him at reception (where prisoners are recorded in and out) and say, "We've not released enough Chinese prisoners this month." Hubby did point out quite forcibly that there weren't any Chinese prisoners due for release. It's all about politically correct targets!

They won't do anything until an officer actually dies in a prison as a result of prisoners' behaviour. If you're interested in the truth behind some of this, then follow "Know the Danger" on FB. One privatised prison has told its staff that any of those caught following, sharing or commenting on this page will be dismissed - yet another example of why the service is dying on its arse.

I do hope you're not referring to Probation Officers (PO's) here.I was suprised from my time as Warden of Harrow Probation Hostal how right wing many, if not most PO's were, (not that suprising perhaps, given the behaviour of most of their "clients").

I fully agree with your comments about privatisation,however and look forward to seeing the programme later this week.

No, people who are nothing to do with prisons but like sticking their noses in about what is "right" for them.

No, people who are nothing to do with prisons but like sticking their noses in about what is "right" for them.

If you're talking about me, (as I told your husband), I used to have to visit a few London prisons and Young Offender Institutions, (Borstals in my time), as part of my work to interview potential residents.:raspberry:

Not that I would claim to know anything much about the institutions I visited,except that I was glad to be able to leave at the end of my visits.:smile:

Back