• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Anyone seen Sherlock? Is it worth bothering with?...I was hugely underwhelmed by S3, didn't bother with the version where they went back to Victorian times, and it's not had the greatest reviews. Apparantly it's gone all Bourne/Bond.

With you on the 3rd series and not all that impressed this time round TBH.
Run it's course one thinks.

Taboo on BBC1. Promises to be immense, Tom Hardy is captivating.

David Bowie: The Last 5 Years. :Worthy:

Looks very promising from the 1st episode, I'm very intrigued to see where it is going with the whole
  Spoiler:  
American land/ red Indians/ British war with America/ Gateway to China thing

Taboo puts me off as

a) It's Tom Hardy and he's a terrible actor. Mumbling incoherently is not acting.
b) It's a period drama.

He's hit and miss I find. When he is good he is good though and I quite like him in this (well the 1st episode anyway)
I'm not a great fan of period dramas in the Downton Abbey type mould but I do quite like a historical drama that has some factual basis. This seems to have some factual basis
  Spoiler:  
The east india company and the conflict with America

Who knows if it will be good but 1st episode was promising and made me want to watch more

Taboo puts me off as

a) It's Tom Hardy and he's a terrible actor. Mumbling incoherently is not acting.
b) It's a period drama.

I agree with point B. I can never get on with period drama.

But I feel insulted with your first point. Have you never seen 'Bronson'? That was an outstanding performance! Also he played 'Bane' brilliantly. Thought he was really good in 'The Drop' as well.

I can understand he is a bit rough round the edges but for me he is one of British finest actors in recent years.

I agree with point B. I can never get on with period drama.

But I feel insulted with your first point. Have you never seen 'Bronson'? That was an outstanding performance! Also he played 'Bane' brilliantly. Thought he was really good in 'The Drop' as well.

I can understand he is a bit rough round the edges but for me he is one of British finest actors in recent years.

Not seen Bronson, but he was terrible as Bane! Not to mention the Revenant where he just mumbled his way through the whole film.

Not seen Bronson, but he was terrible as Bane! Not to mention the Revenant where he just mumbled his way through the whole film.

Wash your mouth out with soap! He was exceptional. He had a mask over his face and he had to show emotions through his voice. He played Bane perfectly I cannot see how he could've done it any better. I will even go as far as saying I enjoyed Hardy as Bane more than I did Ledger as The Joker (not saying he was crap because he was excellent also, just preferred Bane).

You need to watch Warrior, he is excellent in that. To be honest I don't think I've ever watched a bad thing he had been in.

Maybe I'm biaised :smile: Don't remember him in TTSS, and as I've said I've not seen Bronson.

When it comes to Tinker Tailor I'm as one eyed as it comes - favourite film for years, he played Ricki Tarr.
Bronson is highly recommended. As it happens, I don't recall him in much else so your assertion may well be justified.

He has done some bad ones, thought he was awful as mad max, not a patch on Mel Gibson. I have enjoyed him in other roles though, so like I said before hit and miss but when he is good he is GOOD

Half way through season 3 of Mad Men and it keeps getting better. Just watched 'the tractor episode' last night - what a classic. Laugh out loud funny at several points.

Arrested Development, making my way through season 1. Absolutely hilarious.

Good man, it was brilliant and ended far too soon...sadly the Netflix "return" was a bit rubbish.

I've just ended S2 of House of Cards, and I've got to say I find it a little bit boring at times. Wife loves it though.

Back