• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Catch up; Captain "Winkle" Brown, amazing, remarkable life story; if an author invented a person to have done so much it would be dismissed as fantasy.
And Churchill's Secret; again very very good, proper old style British ways and stoicism through and through.

Technically it's listened to but it's on the radio iPlayer so eh, but good lord the audio adaptation of Neverwhere is good. Confused just about everyone that wasn't Sophie Okonedo and James Macavoy, but that's just me being thick - still not sure how one confuses Anthony Head with Richard E Grant...

And The 100 started back up on E4. Possibly one of the best imports on British telly right now - and yes, I'm aware that NCIS is the most popular show on telly in the world right now. Bit ****ed that it's only on The CW because it deserves a way bigger audience than The CW will ever get, but if it was on another network it wouldn't be able to do the things that make it great anyway, so... ****. (Although that title is bollocks. They're down to 40-odd now, three years in. Supernatural might be spouting tripe with every new season but at least it still deals in supernatural tripe).

Meh episode of The Walking Dead, but I guess it's building to another big rumble with Arthur Negus' band of ne'er do wells
Great episode of Happy Valley. It puts virtually every other police drama in the shade. Magnificent.

I see what you mean about season 2 it's not the greatest. I think certain parts it seems like they struggled for stuff to fill the episode so dragged certain scenes out.

Anyone caught BBC2's most recent black comedy drama Stag? I've just watched part one on catch up and it definitely has potential. Group of guys on a stag do in the Scottish highlands, very dry, and sometimes v funny. Reminded me a bit of Python at times.

Really good episode of Better Call Saul. Like how it's just as much about Mike breaking bad.

Anyone caught BBC2's most recent black comedy drama Stag? I've just watched part one on catch up and it definitely has potential. Group of guys on a stag do in the Scottish highlands, very dry, and sometimes v funny. Reminded me a bit of Python at times.
Watched it last night - really good. A great cast serving up well-written dark humour.

Really good episode of Better Call Saul. Like how it's just as much about Mike breaking bad.
I love Mike. Not seen EP3 yet, but I loved the whole sub-plot of the **** with the baseball cards in the first 2 episodes. Really funny.

Back