• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

Nachos Picantes to start.
Tortilla chips with melted Monterey jack cheese, jalapeno peppers, guacamole, salsa & soured cream with chili-con-carne.

Espetada de Frango e Chouriço
Chunks of chicken breast, skewered in a spit with chorizo sausage, smothered with fresh garlic butter. Served hanging on the spit with Sauté potatoes and side salad.

Courtesy of Salsa Tapas in Southend. Walked past it so many times thought we would try it. Wish we'd tried it ages ago. Very good food.

I am amazed you do not have a weight problem with all that bread & butter you seem to eat, have you tried a healthier diet? :Smile:
I buy Hovis 'seed sensations' brown bread, & get through 1 loaf weekly. Mon-Fri i walk down to Leigh station to get my copy of 'The Metro', then either do 1 or 2 laps of the 180 steps opposite, en route home ( near Thames drive). Have a day off on Sat & go for a jog on Sundays, incorporating hiils.
And also walk to Hadleigh & Leigh Rd shops, a couple of times weekly!. I used to run 5-6 times weekly ( back in the 80's i ran 13 marathons, over 30 1/2 marathons etc etc ), but in last 2 years suffered 3 separate injuries, which took a total of 15months to recover from, hence all the walking now, easier on my joints!.
Not bad for a 65 yr old??.

I am amazed you do not have a weight problem with all that bread & butter you seem to eat, have you tried a healthier diet? :Smile:

I buy Hovis 'seed sensations' brown bread, & get through 1 loaf weekly. Mon-Fri i walk down to Leigh station to get my copy of 'The Metro', then either do 1 or 2 laps of the 180 steps opposite, en route home ( near Thames drive). Have a day off on Sat & go for a jog on Sundays, incorporating hiils.
And also walk to Hadleigh & Leigh Rd shops, a couple of times weekly!. I used to run 5-6 times weekly ( back in the 80's i ran 13 marathons, over 30 1/2 marathons etc etc ), but in last 2 years suffered 3 separate injuries, which took a total of 15months to recover from, hence all the walking now, easier on my joints!.
Not bad for a 65 yr old??.
I go swimming 3 times a week for 30 to 40 lengths each visit plus exercises given to me by my Chiropractic but i'm still a fat git.

Back