• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Bank bar losing Blues money!!

There are two pumps in the west stand bar.

Surely they can whack another couple in there, more so if they arent doing half time orders any more.

I still think an online system to pay for beer and leave your name or get a bar code for pre match and half times is the way forward.

I'd definitely order a pre match and a half time. As it is, I regularly just give up when I see the massive queue.

Or do some kind of pre 2.15pm price. Captive customers spend more money.
Would you also need staff to man the pumps? Don't under estimate how difficult it is to get staff for a few hours 20 times per year!

See the club is advertising for stewards - not sure if that is because they're about to open up more of the stadium or they just haven't got enough at the moment.

I am surprised given the impassioned "spend your money at the ground" speech that quick wins like this haven't been addressed.
To add to the list, a friend and his two kids were stopped on Saturday from bringing their (Fish House) chips in from outside. Small in the overall scheme of things but still a decision someone has taken that wasn’t previously enforced.

Long term move, great! Let’s encourage all of us to spend our money on the great options in the ground.

Short term move, appalling! If we haven’t built the infrastructure and services yet to provide decent options, it’s a counter-productive and confrontational measure. We’re actually just continuing to keep people outside the ground, for longer, spending their money elsewhere. Next time, they’ll probably sit down and eat at the Fish House.

Make it easy. Make it better. Then enforce sensible rules when people have sensible choices.

I always remember at Swansea in the promotion game they were serving cans of lager from a massive barrel full of ice. Took seconds. Bit bonkers that the West Stand bar is struggling like it currently is.

“To add to the list, a friend and his two kids were stopped on Saturday from bringing their (Fish House) chips in from outside. Small in the overall scheme of things but still a decision someone has taken that wasn’t previously enforced.”

I remember a long time ago talking to a chap outside the Shrimpers Bar, who used to be or maybe still is on here. We used to call him Harry Potter. He was eating a bag of chips. Brian Dear walked past and was very insulting/nasty about the eating of chips. Unfortunately for Stag, Harry was a Barrister and wrote to Ron about it.😀

To add to the list, a friend and his two kids were stopped on Saturday from bringing their (Fish House) chips in from outside. Small in the overall scheme of things but still a decision someone has taken that wasn’t previously enforced.

Long term move, great! Let’s encourage all of us to spend our money on the great options in the ground.

Short term move, appalling! If we haven’t built the infrastructure and services yet to provide decent options, it’s a counter-productive and confrontational measure. We’re actually just continuing to keep people outside the ground, for longer, spending their money elsewhere. Next time, they’ll probably sit down and eat at the Fish House.

Make it easy. Make it better. Then enforce sensible rules when people have sensible choices.

Things like that would just irritate me.

It's fair enough if the catering is up to scratch and the food is excellent but it isn't. In face it's woeful and has gone up in price.

Things like that would just irritate me.

It's fair enough if the catering is up to scratch and the food is excellent but it isn't. In face it's woeful and has gone up in price.
A few years back a steward in the south upper tried to stop us going in with chips from the chippie. Told him to do one and walked straight past

Back