• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Bank bar losing Blues money!!

Same difference however you look at it, the bar is there to make money by selling as many beers as possible. Slow service, long Qs mean less pints sold. Even the burgers can be sold on mobile carts, the customers are there why not keep them happy and improve the bank balance!

They did have these for a few games in the West many, many years ago, although they may have been selling Coke/Pepsi or such like, I can't remember now. They were traversing the aisles during the game so it was probably only soft drinks on sale, such are the somewhat ridiculous rules governing the consumption of alcohol whilst able to see the pitch.

This was in the days of very low attendance, though, so many may not remember.
I do remember. A friend of mine's sons used to do this. Going back further of course, I used to walk around the pitch selling sweets from a tray back in the 70s!

Last edited:
few tables with a bucket/bin with ice, cans and bottles, card machine, everything £5. job done (subject to licencing, employment etc. and so on)

Justin was in the West bar on Monday so he'll know

such are the somewhat ridiculous rules governing the consumption of alcohol whilst able to see the pitch.
I'm sure there used to be a window from west stand bar and it was blocked off. Is that the reason? Was in D2 lounge on Monday which has a bar and serves throughout the match. How does that work?

I'm sure there used to be a window from west stand bar and it was blocked off. Is that the reason? Was in D2 lounge on Monday which has a bar and serves throughout the match. How does that work?
Yep there definitely was years ago.

Reactions: TJC
To your first question, "Yes, I believe so", to your second, "I'm buggered if I know!"

There are two pumps in the west stand bar.

Surely they can whack another couple in there, more so if they arent doing half time orders any more.

I still think an online system to pay for beer and leave your name or get a bar code for pre match and half times is the way forward.

I'd definitely order a pre match and a half time. As it is, I regularly just give up when I see the massive queue.

Or do some kind of pre 2.15pm price. Captive customers spend more money.

Back