• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Bank bar losing Blues money!!

3rd Home game running we were unable to buy Beers as too busy, we have never had this problem. Dorking had mobile keg bars outside, come on guys we need all the money we can get!
Agree with this! No brainer and feel this is why the fanzone is high on the agenda!
Remember Ebbsfleet last season and someone with a hoffmeister barrel and pump and thought I'd been transported back to 1986 but the fella was getting sales whatever the beer was!

Have to say I agree with you here
Took a while today and could see 2 people serving, 1 pump for lager and 1 pump for bitter and obviously some cams/bottles and only 1 card machine.
Seems thin on the ground on everything

Not enough pumps, not enough hands and an awful layout.

Nothing will change until serious work is carried out, starting with serving hatches on a proper concourse out the back of the stand.

That bar/kitchen would struggle to cater properly for a birthday party, let alone 3,500+ people potentially wanting something to eat/drink. Best avoided until work is done unfortunately.

Let's see what next summer brings.

Temporary stuff is needed straight away, as soon people will stay in bars outside the ground, good for the pubs but revenue loss for the blues.
Plastic bottles, mobile beer stands, etc. Every problem has a solution...

Definitely room for a stall/stand outside to sell Bottles which get poured into plastic glasses, charge a fiver so it quickens things up if paying by cash
Watching the Spurs stadium and how they operate shows how it should be done, i appreciate they have state of the art facilities but there has to be a way of improving our current set up

Put some serving opportunities out the back to ease the queue and let us queuing for the ladies able to do so safely without having to either join the bar queue or just stand in a line that may let you get to the ladies but having to deal with those queuing for the bar,those going to the men's and those going outside for a smoke .

Club is losing money all round, although overall takings are probably up due to price increases! So imo ground management shouldn't pat themselves on the back because I suspect still no takings from South stand , West stand operation has not changed at all in ability to shift quantity at speed, also how much trade was no doubt missed from 3 good to high away support opportunities!
There are easy solutions especially in the warmer months!

In my email with fan feedback to Tom and Rhys after the first match (which went unanswered incidentally), I specifically mentioned this - and gave them a solution:

"Lots of complaints about the capacity of the West bar. Would it be possible to look into mobile lager vendors which might help with that jam at half time? Kev reckons they have them at cricket, with backpacks where they pour from."

This is a situation which is going to continue through this season till they can make the planned changes next close season so it would make sense to try and resolve it now.

In my email with fan feedback to Tom and Rhys after the first match (which went unanswered incidentally), I specifically mentioned this - and gave them a solution:

"Lots of complaints about the capacity of the West bar. Would it be possible to look into mobile lager vendors which might help with that jam at half time? Kev reckons they have them at cricket, with backpacks where they pour from."

This is a situation which is going to continue through this season till they can make the planned changes next close season so it would make sense to try and resolve it now.

As much as things change, they stay the same.

All they need is a few mobile stands which sell plastic 500ml bottles of beer - this is common at premier league grounds - yes it's not as nice a poured pint but it's better than no pint at all. They can be card only, so quick tap and it's done.

Club is losing money all round, although overall takings are probably up due to price increases! So imo ground management shouldn't pat themselves on the back because I suspect still no takings from South stand , West stand operation has not changed at all in ability to shift quantity at speed, also how much trade was no doubt missed from 3 good to high away support opportunities!
There are easy solutions especially in the warmer months!
Making 20p extra on 100 beers is nothing when we could be making an extra 20p on 2000 beers. Especially in the west stand and South upper. Can you imagine!!!

"Would it be possible to look into mobile lager vendors which might help with that jam at half time? Kev reckons they have them at cricket, with backpacks where they pour from."
They did have these for a few games in the West many, many years ago, although they may have been selling Coke/Pepsi or such like, I can't remember now. They were traversing the aisles during the game so it was probably only soft drinks on sale, such are the somewhat ridiculous rules governing the consumption of alcohol whilst able to see the pitch.

This was in the days of very low attendance, though, so many may not remember.

£350 on Ebay

s-l1200.jpg

Back