• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done McScriven

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 27 2005,15:11)]Calm down for feck's sake, Matt.
I might...

OK, so I lashed out a bit.  But, frankly, I was a bit pig sick of people getting on Scriv's back, and a bit fed up that people have been "presuming" what the fans want - when they have no right to.

I'm not sure how the fact that Scriv's an employee gives everyone carte blanche  to have a go at him.

Two thoughts:

1. Like I said, sales were up.  So far as his employers are concerned, therefore (since, after all, it is their matchday programme, not ours - whether we like that or not), Scriv needn't change a thing.  The fact that he has listened and has changed things is therefore something for which he should be applauded, not castigated for - castigated on the frankly rather petty grounds that the stats page wasn't precisely as some people expected.

2. Rome wasn't built in a day.  The programme was crap before Scriv got his hands on it.  It's now pretty excellent.  With some support for him, I'm sure Scriv will make it the best in the League.

rock.gif

TTK... get a grip.  Just because I don't give a monkeys about the stats page, does that mean I'm not a "true supporter"...

rock.gif

Yours, still slightly irked,

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 27 2005,17:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 27 2005,15:11)]Calm down for feck's sake, Matt.
I might...

OK, so I lashed out a bit.  But, frankly, I was a bit pig sick of people getting on Scriv's back, and a bit fed up that people have been "presuming" what the fans want - when they have no right to.

I'm not sure how the fact that Scriv's an employee gives everyone carte blanche  to have a go at him.

Two thoughts:

1. Like I said, sales were up.  So far as his employers are concerned, therefore (since, after all, it is their matchday programme, not ours - whether we like that or not), Scriv needn't change a thing.  The fact that he has listened and has changed things is therefore something for which he should be applauded, not castigated for - castigated on the frankly rather petty grounds that the stats page wasn't precisely as some people expected.

2. Rome wasn't built in a day.  The programme was crap before Scriv got his hands on it.  It's now pretty excellent.  With some support for him, I'm sure Scriv will make it the best in the League.

rock.gif

TTK... get a grip.  Just because I don't give a monkeys about the stats page, does that mean I'm not a "true supporter"...

rock.gif

Yours, still slightly irked,

Matt
My point was that he was being hailed as a hero for putting in the programme what is in just about every other programme in the League and hundreds, yes hundreds, of non-league programmes too.

I would not presume to speak for anyone else, but for me the basic content of a programme is full statistical information about all matches played so far in the season, details of fixtures still to be played, logistical and ticket details of upcoming games, matchday information incl opposition and officials. That is the basic requirement and anything over and above that differentiates the adequate from the good or excellent.

One thing you're right about; the programme was previously crap.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Jan. 27 2005,17:36)]My point was that he was being hailed as a hero for putting in the programme what is in just about every other programme in the League and hundreds, yes hundreds, of non-league programmes too.

I would not presume to speak for anyone else, but for me the basic content of a programme is full statistical information about all matches played so far in the season, details of fixtures still to be played, logistical and ticket details of upcoming games, matchday information incl opposition and officials. That is the basic requirement and anything over and above that differentiates the adequate from the good or excellent.

One thing you're right about; the programme was previously crap.
Couldn't agree more!

Your 100% right my friend!

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 26 2005,17:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,17:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 26 2005,17:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,17:06)]No but when you've got people moaning left right and centre it does get a bit boring. Considering you've given them what they wanted. It's a simple fact that looking through problems that Clubs either give cards or appeareances. I was told that fans wanted the line-ups back so I gave it to them.

You can't have everything!
Isn't that part of your job though, to give the fans what they want? Seeing as your producing the programme to the fans and not just for yourself?
There are very few Clubs who dedicate more than two pages to this and I'm not going to either. Of course we could out source the whole programme to some company and then you'll get a bland programme.
Well why aren't you?

If the fans (Lets not forget your producing this for them) want it then surely its part of your role as Media manager to produce it for them!? The role of the Media is to inform and entertain after all.
You irritating jumped up little to**er.

Dave, if you were to include full & subs appearances and goals, you could probably fit them on the Card Count (although obviously change title to appearances & cards or something!) I reckon, theres probably enough space there.

Mark

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 27 2005,19:28)]Can't it be called 'the shimpers' instead of 'the blues'
wink.gif
Shouldn't you be "True Shrimper" then?

WS

wink.gif

50 hours out of the last 72 what sort of part time job is this? Questions must be asked are the fans are getting value for money here. No doubt some people would be moaning if there were naked women adorning every page.Its a thankless task, and for what its worth I think this seasons programme is our best since I cant remember.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 27 2005,18:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 26 2005,17:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,17:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 26 2005,17:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,17:06)]No but when you've got people moaning left right and centre it does get a bit boring. Considering you've given them what they wanted. It's a simple fact that looking through problems that Clubs either give cards or appeareances. I was told that fans wanted the line-ups back so I gave it to them.

You can't have everything!
Isn't that part of your job though, to give the fans what they want? Seeing as your producing the programme to the fans and not just for yourself?
There are very few Clubs who dedicate more than two pages to this and I'm not going to either. Of course we could out source the whole programme to some company and then you'll get a bland programme.
Well why aren't you?

If the fans (Lets not forget your producing this for them) want it then surely its part of your role as Media manager to produce it for them!? The role of the Media is to inform and entertain after all.
You irritating jumped up little to**er.
Bless, abusing me behind a PC screen and not even signing in. How big of you.
tounge.gif

Anyways, Matt. Sorry I didn't mean to speak for everyone on this issue, but following a previous thread started by TTK the vast majority of us would have liked a statistics page. I shouldn't have said that all the fans want it, but apparently (According to the thread) the vast majority (Of SZer's anyways) want them.

And I apologies to Dave as well. I enjoy the match day programme and its certainly better then it was before. Keep up the good work.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (goblessarthurorley @ Jan. 27 2005,19:41)]I think this seasons programme is our best since I cant remember.
I don't think anyone would disagree ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 27 2005,19:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (anonymous **** @ Jan. 27 2005,18:11)]You irritating jumped up little to**er.
Bless, abusing me behind a PC screen and not even signing in. How big of you.
Don't worry, Mike. They're obviously not man enough to log on ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ Jan. 27 2005,18:45)]Dave, if you were to include full & subs appearances and goals, you could probably fit them on the Card Count (although obviously change title to appearances & cards or something!) I reckon, theres probably enough space there.

Mark
That's what I was thinking. A slight re-jig and the full & sub appearances along with goals could be fitted in to one main 'stats box' along with the cards below the league table. Then it really would be top notch, and if anyone moaned after that they would deserve to get a dry slap.
wink.gif

I thought the new stats page was a big improvement, well done.

I did think though that there were 132 of us at Scunny, not 131.

Personally I would ditch the Maher card count table in favour of an appearences summary.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 27 2005,19:43)]Anyways, Matt. Sorry I didn't mean to speak for everyone on this issue, but following a previous thread started by TTK the vast majority of us would have liked a statistics page. I shouldn't have said that all the fans want it, but apparently (According to the thread) the vast majority (Of SZer's anyways) want them.

And I apologies to Dave as well. I enjoy the match day programme and its certainly better then it was before. Keep up the good work.
The new stats page is great!

I'm just glad i wasn't the only one that wanted it's re-introduction and at that a much improved version (away fans listed etc etc).

biggrin.gif

When i started this thread weeks ago, i never thought it would have so much impact! Just pleased so many like minded 100% SUFC fans have the same view!

UP THE BLUES! And here's to three points on Saturday!

Appreciate what you've got in the programme lads - it's 10 times more professional & interesting then the sh*tty thing that was churned out last season.

He works his guts out to give you what you want, to quote Si & Garf - he's "just trying to keep the customer satisfied"....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 27 2005,15:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 26 2005,17:32)]You people don't ever stop moaning about everything it is absolutely pathetic and tiresome.
Hmmm ... this is someone from the club by the looks of the IP address. I can't think it would be Scriv though ...

WS

rock.gif
Where ever the IP address is from, the originator has a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back