• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done McScriven

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 26 2005,16:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,16:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Jan. 26 2005,16:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,13:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Jan. 26 2005,13:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 26 2005,09:52)]I see last nights programme had the 'old' statistics back
on the inside back cover ( who played where, who was subbed when etc. ). Anything to do with the thread on here some weeks ago?

well done Dave and long may it continue  
smile.gif
Excellent - even had away attendances.  

One more request, any chance of a decent player appearances table as per Wycombe (eg not just "full appearances", what ever that means)?
It's fitting it in though. You can't have everything unfortunately it then comes a case of do you drop the League and Card tableS?
Strange, just about all the other clubs seem to be able to incorporate statistics without arbitrarily leaving out a key component.
Well I guess everybody else are just better people than me. To be honest I'm rather tired of this now!
With all due respect, Scriv, that's not a very good attitude to have, is it? You're not producing the matchday programme for your own benefit.

WS

oops.gif
Often the outcome of something depends on whether the originator considers the task to be a "chore" or a "labour of love". It seems from your comments you're not really into statistics and therefore it's more of a chore.

You people don't ever stop moaning about everything it is absolutely pathetic and tiresome.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 26 2005,17:32)]You people don't ever stop moaning about everything it is absolutely pathetic and tiresome.
I think he may have a point. I would be thoroughly p***ed off if I got this much grief from our users when i was working.

Perhaps everyone who doesn't like the layout should club together and propose how they would like the page to be laid out, then give McScriven a generalised fans view of how they would like it to be done which he could incorporate if possible under the constraints.

If all else fails, I'll have a go at it!

I don't see many volunteers in the sea of grumbles
oops.gif

Scriv's, take it from me, i loved the new look stat's page last night and long may in continue! It's all i ever requested it to be
smile.gif

Youv'e done a great job with it!

Thankyou very much!

UP THE BLUES!

Totally agree, the stats page turned the programme from a very good one to an excellent one (well at least in my view) Thanks to Scriv for this, it wasnt that long ago that these kind of suggested improvements would have been completely ignored ! Thanks again for doing this
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 26 2005,17:32)]You people don't ever stop moaning about everything it is absolutely pathetic and tiresome.
Hmmm ... this is someone from the club by the looks of the IP address. I can't think it would be Scriv though ...

WS

rock.gif

Well whoever it is, they have a good point. The new stats page was superb and gave someinteresting information and its still not good enough for everyone!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 26 2005,17:16)]Well why aren't you?

If the fans (Lets not forget your producing this for them) want it then surely its part of your role as Media manager to produce it for them!?
Hold your bloomin' horses, sunshine. Since when did you become the fans' spokesman?

I couldn't give a shiny sh*t about the stats page, frankly. So you don't speak for me, for starters.

Programme sales have increased significantly this year, so on the only measure that truly counts in a capitalist model - sales - Scriv has got things bang on.

However, because people complained - and because Scriv does give a sh*t about what the fans think - he did something which he had absolutely no obligation to do, which was take the fans' comments on board, and bring back the stats page.

It appears that the vast majority of people are happy with that. However, instead of thanking him for it - congratulating him for going the extra mile (which he had no need to do, based on sales) - people are having a go.

Well, cut him some feckin' slack.

I for one think Scriv's done a top job - of both the website (even if the Blues World thing annoys me slightly) and the programme - and he should be heartily congratulated.

For instance, we now get match reports and Tilly's reaction the same night as the game... yet I've even seen people on here moaning about the fact that it's not up ten minutes after final whistle...

It's a good job that we don't get the service we deserve... because, frankly, given the humungous amount of ingratitude evident on this site on a daily basis, most Southend fans deserve fcuk all.

mad.gif

Rant over.

Matt

[b said:
We're just practising for our meteoric rise to the Premier$hite and bombarding TalkSport/Five Live phone-ins to whinge about every game.

Personally I think Scrivs should be on 24-hour call to cater for our every whim.
tounge.gif

Just as Tilly doesn't have the luxury of a massive squad SUFC doesn't have the luxury of an abundance of backroom staff.

Nothing wrong with making suggestions for improvements but please engage brains before doing so.

Dave, when is Emma B scheduled to sing live at RH ?
laugh.gif

Calm down for feck's sake, Matt. There were only suggestions that Scriv's apparent dismissal of certain recommendations were down to his dislike of doing them. It probably came across differently than he intended. No-one argues that the matchday programme (and website) has improved immensely since Scriv was employed by the club. But that's the thing : "employed". I'm with Mick on this one. Is it a "chore" or a "labour of love" for Scriv?

WS

In the past 72 hours approx 50 hours have been spent working on Southend United related stuff. It's certainly a labour of love, I enjoy my work and I try to please everybody but the reality is you never will!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In the past 72 hours approx 50 hours have been spent working on Southend United related stuff. It's certainly a labour of love, I enjoy my work and I try to please everybody but the reality is you never will!
why Is it just you working on this wheres you support?

As if they can afford to employ two people to do it! Overworked and underpaid mate, go to the unions!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 27 2005,15:16)]In the past 72 hours approx 50 hours have been spent working on Southend United related stuff. It's certainly a labour of love, I enjoy my work and I try to please everybody but the reality is you never will!
still leaves you 22 hours, bit slack in my opinion
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Jan. 27 2005,15:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 27 2005,15:16)]In the past 72 hours approx 50 hours have been spent working on Southend United related stuff. It's certainly a labour of love, I enjoy my work and I try to please everybody but the reality is you never will!
still leaves you 22 hours, bit slack in my opinion  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
They were spent sleeping, although with Saturday's programme now out of the way I will be seeing the misses tonight. Hope I don't fall asleep on the job!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 27 2005,14:42)]I couldn't give a shiny sh*t about the stats page, frankly.  So you don't speak for me, for starters.

Matt
Calm down mate!

The stats page is vital to every programme! It's a must have for any true supporter of SUFC!

Scriv's has done us proud with the new look version and re-introducing it!

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Dave does 49 of these 50 hours spent on Shrimperzone actually count ?
suspect.gif

cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back