• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done McScriven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeboy

Original and possibly best
Staff member
I see last nights programme had the 'old' statistics back on the inside back cover ( who played where, who was subbed when etc. ). Anything to do with the thread on here some weeks ago?

well done Dave and long may it continue
smile.gif

For the first time in years I didn't buy a programme last night
sad.gif

But well done for taking the flak and giving the customers what they want! I'd like a chilled Brown Ale hand served.
but to avoid catfights-Not by that cheerleader who was hungry last night. well she must have been hungry as her cheeks were chewing her shorts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Jan. 26 2005,10:06)]cheerleader who was hungry last night. well she must have been hungry as her cheeks were chewing her shorts.
laugh.gif

How close were you to this scene?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 26 2005,09:52)]I see last nights programme had the 'old' statistics back on the inside back cover ( who played where, who was subbed when etc. ). Anything to do with the thread on here some weeks ago?

smile.gif
Excellent - even had away attendances.

One more request, any chance of a decent player appearances table as per Wycombe (eg not just "full appearances", what ever that means)?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Jan. 26 2005,13:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 26 2005,09:52)]I see last nights programme had the 'old' statistics back on the inside back cover ( who played where, who was subbed when etc. ). Anything to do with the thread on here some weeks ago?

smile.gif

One more request, any chance of a decent player appearances table as per Wycombe (eg not just "full appearances", what ever that means)?
It's fitting it in though. You can't have everything unfortunately it then comes a case of do you drop the League and Card tableS?

[b said:
[b said:

smile.gif

That's actually what I missed as well. As good as the teamsheet looks, you don't really want to count up how many games each player has played yourself.
laugh.gif

Personally, I'd prefer it to the card count, but that's just my personal preference.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,13:45)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 26 2005,09:52)]I see last nights programme had the 'old' statistics back
on the inside back cover ( who played where, who was subbed when etc. ). Anything to do with the thread on here some weeks ago?

smile.gif

It's fitting it in though. You can't have everything unfortunately it then comes a case of do you drop the League and Card tableS?
Strange, just about all the other clubs seem to be able to incorporate statistics without arbitrarily leaving out a key component.

Yeah well done again Scriv's!

I didn't think i'd have much joy in getting the Stat's page back in, and especially a new improved one!

just so glad i started the thread a while back!

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Jan. 26 2005,16:41)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 26 2005,09:52)]I see last nights programme had the 'old' statistics back
on the inside back cover ( who played where, who was subbed when etc. ). Anything to do with the thread on here some weeks ago?

smile.gif

Strange, just about all the other clubs seem to be able to incorporate statistics without arbitrarily leaving out a key component.
Well I guess everybody else are just better people than me. To be honest I'm rather tired of this now!

Nah its not that its probably because we play more games then others in this division what with us reaching the LDV Southern Area Final 3 times in the last 5 seasons.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,16:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Jan. 26 2005,16:41)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

smile.gif

Well I guess everybody else are just better people than me. To be honest I'm rather tired of this now!
With all due respect, Scriv, that's not a very good attitude to have, is it? You're not producing the matchday programme for your own benefit.

WS

oops.gif

To be fair to Scriv, people moaned about lack of team line ups etc and he managed to get it put into the programme. The next day people are nitpicking at it. If you want to know about a specific player then count it yourself!!

No but when you've got people moaning left right and centre it does get a bit boring. Considering you've given them what they wanted. It's a simple fact that looking through problems that Clubs either give cards or appeareances. I was told that fans wanted the line-ups back so I gave it to them.

You can't have everything!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,17:06)]No but when you've got people moaning left right and centre it does get a bit boring. Considering you've given them what they wanted. It's a simple fact that looking through problems that Clubs either give cards or appeareances. I was told that fans wanted the line-ups back so I gave it to them.

Isn't that part of your job though, to give the fans what they want? Seeing as your producing the programme to the fans and not just for yourself?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 26 2005,17:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,17:06)]No but when you've got people moaning left right and centre it does get a bit boring. Considering you've given them what they wanted. It's a simple fact that looking through problems that Clubs either give cards or appeareances. I was told that fans wanted the line-ups back so I gave it to them.

Isn't that part of your job though, to give the fans what they want? Seeing as your producing the programme to the fans and not just for yourself?
There are very few Clubs who dedicate more than two pages to this and I'm not going to either. Of course we could out source the whole programme to some company and then you'll get a bland programme.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 26 2005,17:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 26 2005,17:07)]
[b said:

There are very few Clubs who dedicate more than two pages to this and I'm not going to either. Of course we could out source the whole programme to some company and then you'll get a bland programme.
Well why aren't you?

If the fans (Lets not forget your producing this for them) want it then surely its part of your role as Media manager to produce it for them!? The role of the Media is to inform and entertain after all.

I think most of the suggestions could be a little more specific to be more helpful.

Then again, I don't even buy programmes anymore....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back