• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

W block

Farmer Fossett

Youth Team⭐
Sorry guys but considering this is supposed to be the "singing section" where standing appears to be tolerated, I thought your support for the team today was embarrassing. Even the drummer appeared to give up! Out sung by the scum from Dagenham - only appeared to get behind the team after we scored.

I and many other old fans spent many years in the North bank singing my lungs out no matter how shi$e we were playing.

Come on lads get behind the team. Your support is especially needed when things are not going our way!!

Last edited:
Load of bollocks.

Immense effort from W block. Hardly stopped all game.
We'll never match 500 in the best acoustic stand at Roots Hall and as for not getting behind the team you obviously werent there.
I'm in W block.
My lad chuckled at this thread, he stands next to me and we are both near the drummer and both of us sang our lungs out today.

Load of bollocks.

We'll never match 500 in the best acoustic stand at Roots Hall and as for not getting behind the team you obviously werent there.
I normally agree with you mate, but honestly I was in my season ticket seat in block U and there were long periods of silence in that stand today.

Love how people have a dig at W block when no other part of the ground ever sings!! Atmosphere was a bit subdued after they equalised really up til our 2nd goal. But let’s not have a go at the only fans in the home ends who ever try and get things going. Daggers fans only started singing when they scored.

Sorry guys but considering this is supposed to be the "singing section" where standing appears to be tolerated, I thought your support for the team today was embarrassing. Even the drummer appeared to give up! Out sung by the scum from Dagenham - only appeared to get behind the team after we scored.

I and many other old fans spent many years in the North bank singing my lungs out no matter how shi$e we were playing.

Come on lads get behind the team. Your support is especially needed when things are not going out way!!
You can ****ing sing too mate. Its not an exclusive 'Oh im not in the singing section, im not allowed to sing.'

Dont act like W is the problem. We try our hardest to get it going every week but the 6500 other people cant be arsed to ****ing clap.

Think you are moaning at the wrong people here

Love how people have a dig at W block when no other part of the ground ever sings!! Atmosphere was a bit subdued after they equalised really up til our 2nd goal. But let’s not have a go at the only fans in the home ends who ever try and get things going. Daggers fans only started singing when they scored.
True, but it’s also true that that has been the nominated ‘singing block’ for a few years now and consequently all the singers moved there. It’s no different to the old days when the singers were all behind the north bank goal in the middle of that stand. Not everyone can / wants to belt out the tunes for 90 minutes, but at least we’ve managed to corral ours back into a solid single group again in recent years. It’s just that they had an off day today.

I'd hate to sit in my old seat in the East stand reds today, having to listen to the Dagger fans all game. It's why i moved from there, literally all you can hear all game is the away fans and it sounds like the ground is taken over.
In W block i can hardly hear the away fans and it's all about getting behind the boys in blue, just like our away games, a much better experience. Just a shame the acoustics are crap in the West stand.
But 100% our players get a boost by being supported. Individual players had their name sung today many many times, Gus, Noor, Bridge, Collin, Miley, Harry and more.

I'd hate to sit in my old seat in the East stand reds today, having to listen to the Dagger fans all game. It's why i moved from there, literally all you can hear all game is the away fans and it sounds like the ground is taken over.
In W block i can hardly hear the away fans and it's all about getting behind the boys in blue, just like our away games, a much better experience. Just a shame the acoustics are crap in the West stand.
But 100% our players get a boost by being supported. Individual players had their name sung today many many times, Gus, Noor, Bridge, Collin, Miley, Harry and more.
Got to say I love the GSM chant. So does Gus, judging by his smile at full time. It’s no accident that the players head for V/W blocks first. They really do appreciate the support. So do the management team, Maher always gets applauded and sung to, despite some of the negative posts on here.

You are right, when you sit in other parts of the ground at Roots Hall the away fans are louder that's for sure. Personally I'm not in favour of having away fans behind the goal, hopefully when COSU sort the issues around Roots hall no go areas I would like to see the away fans housed in the corner bit and block x as both those areas are connected and i would estimate that area to be capacity of 1,000 which is plenty for away fans in this league and league 2 also. Blue voice in the North bank which will give us bigger vocal presence for home games.

Load of bollocks.

I'm in W block.
My lad chuckled at this thread, he stands next to me and we are both near the drummer and both of us sang our lungs out today.
Oh come on😂😂😂 only singing W Block done was first 5 and last 5 , rest of the game was too busy shouting at the Dagenham fans

Bottom line. COSU must deliver the North Bank back to home fans next season. It will literally be a game changer.
I posted this in another thread. I attended aik match yesterday and was very impressed by the atmosphere their Ultras created in the singing section. Didn't stop singing from start of match to end. I think Most songs were about the club rather than opposition or individual players. Unallocated standing helps - and not rail seats standing at that. If we could generate a fraction of that will be superb....

IMG_20240825_164657.jpg

Back