• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sell on clause hasn't been negotiated down, Maidenhead will make £8M
No they won't Wolves told them it would break the deal if they didn't accept 10% sell on fee as opposed to 20%.

A classic case of big club bullying BS, but that's what the game has become. Still not bad business and hopefully it could be us one day if COSU obtain ownership.

"Maidenhead United to bank around £4million from Max Kilman's £40m transfer to West Ham through a sell-on clause. It was originally 20% but negotiated down to 10% or deal might have collapsed."

Nizaar Kinsella - BBC Sports journalist.

No they won't Wolves told them it would break the deal if they didn't accept 10% sell on fee as opposed to 20%.

A classic case of big club bullying BS, but that's what the game has become. Still not bad business and hopefully it could be us one day if COSU obtain ownership.

"Maidenhead United to bank around £4million from Max Kilman's £40m transfer to West Ham through a sell-on clause. It was originally 20% but negotiated down to 10% or deal might have collapsed."

Nizaar Kinsella - BBC Sports journalist.
Imagine a guaranteed £4m being injected into your club, must feel like an adrenaline shot. Obviously, like any transaction, the full amount doesn't go straight to any club. That £40m will be paid in installments, as will the £4m to Maidenhead. In some ways that's better though. Smaller clubs struggle with consistent revenue but with this, you have a guaranteed, consistent revenue stream coming in over a period of time. Well done to them. This is how the football pyramid should work.

Just think the amount of football clubs being sold for £1 that you could purchase?!

It's great news for Maidenhead, fair play to them. They've lost some of their big players so will be interesting to see how Devonshire replaces them.

I wonder if we will benefit from any sell ons in the near future? That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if sell on fees had been bought out by clubs knowing the years of turmoil we have been in.

Imagine a guaranteed £4m being injected into your club, must feel like an adrenaline shot. Obviously, like any transaction, the full amount doesn't go straight to any club. That £40m will be paid in installments, as will the £4m to Maidenhead. In some ways that's better though. Smaller clubs struggle with consistent revenue but with this, you have a guaranteed, consistent revenue stream coming in over a period of time. Well done to them. This is how the football pyramid should work.
I agree but if Wolves signed up to a sell-on clause of 20% to Maidenhead they should honour it.

Personally can’t see it, he will require a lot of money thrown at him … something the consortium have said exactly what they won’t be doing
To be fair we do need a few players I can see him taking up quite a bit of the budget someone put on here he would be our highest paid player

To be fair we do need a few players I can see him taking up quite a bit of the budget someone put on here he would be our highest paid player
By a long way as well, don’t get me wrong I would be more than happy with it, just can’t see it, we are more likely to have someone of the Wylie type I would so, low risk but high reward if it works out

By a long way as well, don’t get me wrong I would be more than happy with it, just can’t see it, we are more likely to have someone of the Wylie type I would so, low risk but high reward if it works out
To be fair I thought he would be snapped up by an efl club the goals he scored last season

I understand McCullum is not one we were seriously after. Pearce however was...
I think Pearce would have happened were it not for the embargo, but similarly, if he was absolutely dead-set on coming here then he might have waited it out. York was a serious enough alternative proposition for him that he decided to go there rather than wait for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back