• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
I wonder if we will have any interest in bringing Zak Brunt back, he seemed to love being here and is the type of creative player we need

I wonder if we will have any interest in bringing Zak Brunt back, he seemed to love being here and is the type of creative player we need
I wondered about this too, especially with Barnet not going up and him only being on the bench yesterday. Would love to get him back - just the kind of midfielder we need.

Only signed for Barnet last summer and they paid a fee though which suggests it would cost us to get him. Personally I'd rather sign him than McCallum (assuming Cards stays).

I wondered about this too, especially with Barnet not going up and him only being on the bench yesterday. Would love to get him back - just the kind of midfielder we need.

Only signed for Barnet last summer and they paid a fee though which suggests it would cost us to get him. Personally I'd rather sign him than McCallum (assuming Cards stays).
Dean Brennan screwed up his team selection by picking older experienced players in midfield. Solihull steamrolled right through them with their athleticism. Brennan then had the cheek to blame his players after the match and everyone else except himself. He got it wrong.

Music to my ears to be honest. Just means more work will need to go into unearthing more Collins, GSMs, Kensdales and Cardwells rather than just throwing money at already established players in order to chase promotion. With John Still we’re more than capable of doing that too.

I absolutely dread to think how much money this club handed over to the likes of Kiernan, Kightly, Cox and co. as well as the severance packages to all the hired and fired managers. No wonder we nearly went belly up. Completely unsustainable.
And interest/legal payments to boot. Less money overall, but well managed may actually turn into a higher playing budget overall

Is Zak just a little bit of a show pony ? A proven goal scorer at this level is surely more appropriate recruitment ?

I read somewhere that Brennan said Brunt wasn't fully fit, hence why he was on the bench.
He's a good player who would fit in well in terms of the way we play. Personally, I feel that although we need someone with his technical ability, we also need someone who can score more goals from advanced positions.
He looked as if he'd put on a bit of timber when I saw him at the weekend.

Nice idea but it is a "no" from me .............. now Harrison Neal (was that him?) was a different proposition.

A year long loan of a promising midfielder from a club higher up the pyramid would be an interesting proposition.

It doesn't fit with the "model" that is mentioned on here but for me variety of life is the spice of a bird in the hand.

Gillingham are a club going nowhere quickly with the current inpatient owners calling the shots.
They're quickly becoming the new Watford.

Back