• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
As each day goes by more players get released. Hopefully we can register/.pre sign a few on the Whiteboard ,although with 2 and a half weeks to the next winding up order, wonder how many we will lose this year? because of the ongoing mega levels of uncertainty

As each day goes by more players get released. Hopefully we can register/.pre sign a few on the Whiteboard ,although with 2 and a half weeks to the next winding up order, wonder how many we will lose this year? because of the ongoing mega levels of uncertainty

Yes - I can picture in my head the conversations between players & their agents.

"Good news" says the agent "another club is asking about you. The bad news is the club is a basket case."

"That'll be Southend United" replies the player ................

Players I would like us to look at some are more likely than others. Out of this list of 11 I bet none of them isn’t even on the famous white board

Paul Mcallum , Junior Morias , Josh Walker , Jordan young , Con Clarke , Ollie Pearce , Sam Johnson GK, Joe McDonnell GK, Harrison male GK , Erick Sousa , Nick Haughton, Maxwell Statham.
Blimey if you think we have a chance getting Conn-Clarke I have some magic beans I can sell you too

Can anyone tell me where the budget cut rumours come from? Surely all the new contracts we gave out are budget must be at least the same especially as had about 14 players at one point .

Personally think 2 strikers and keep Wes.

A player I’m very keen to see where he is playing next year, and could be a good option for us if we were to lose someone.

Harrison Male, 23 year old goalkeeper at Dorking. He has won the players player, supporters player and young player of the year at Dorking.

A goalkeeper, who is excellent with the ball at his feet, so would fit how we like to play if we were to lose Collin to anyone. Isn’t the biggest goalkeeper, but nor is Collin. Has International honours with England C.

Would be interested if @ShrimperStats could draw something up on him.

Another option I like, this time at centre forward, but is under contract until the end of the 24/25 season is former West Ham striker 23 year old Sean Adarkwa.

10 goals for the struggling Stones including one at Roots Hall, making him their joint top scorer in 33 games. 20 starts and 13 appearances off the bench.

Big, over 6ft, strong and willing to run the channels. Good link up play too. Potentially a good understudy/challenger to Cards.

Would obviously cost a fee, so not sure that it would be a starter, but another to keep an eye on.

Harrison Male
Not helped out by his defence, but still ranks above average at Save Rate (%), Prevented Goals, Aerial Duels Won (%), and all passing metrics.

1714143179970.png

Sean Adarkwa
Looks a proper target-man; ranking well at Received Long Passes, Aerial Duels, and Aerial Duel Success (%). Scored 10 in 33, and ranks well at all goal-scoring metrics, too.

1714144598960.png

Both players showed up when I've searched for targets using my data-driven approach, and I'd imagine both will be included in my Recruitment Document (I'm aiming to release it in mid-May).

Harrison Male
Not helped out by his defence, but still ranks above average at Save Rate (%), Prevented Goals, Aerial Duels Won (%), and all passing metrics.

View attachment 31902

Sean Adarkwa
Looks a proper target-man; ranking well at Received Long Passes, Aerial Duels, and Aerial Duel Success (%). Scored 10 in 33, and ranks well at all goal-scoring metrics, too.

View attachment 31903

Both players showed up when I've searched for targets using my data-driven approach, and I'd imagine both will be included in my Recruitment Document (I'm aiming to release it in mid-May).

We are lucky to have you 🙏🏻 🤝

One thing I’ve found in the National League is there are loads of good follows on X (formerly Twitter) that put this sort of stuff out there.

Out of interest, does Kenton Richardson feature in your recruitment document? An excellent LCB (right footed though) at Gateshead…

We are lucky to have you 🙏🏻 🤝

One thing I’ve found in the National League is there are loads of good follows on X (formerly Twitter) that put this sort of stuff out there.

Out of interest, does Kenton Richardson feature in your recruitment document? An excellent LCB (right footed though) at Gateshead…
He won’t do because, as you say, he’s right-footed; and I’ll exclusively look for left-footed LCB’s so that they can replicate Ralph’s overlapping runs beyond Bridge. Top player though, and someone who I identified last Summer for our RCB spot.

If we was to sign a really top goalscorer which I know is a bit of a dream but to then have Dackers as the 4th choice, I don't think anyone would object at all.
Right, Thats where the negativity is coming from. Dackers might turn out to be good, but i dont think anyone wants to start the season with him in our main strike force.

Back