• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kestrel

Exile
the 3 year honeymoon period is over, reality sets in - there has to come a time for sentiment to be questioned, and while Tilly has been a great player for us, his management decisions and lack of ability to attract proven players to the club are providing enough evidence that a new face is needed to stop the rot

Tilson and Brush have taken the club as far as they have, and while 2 promotions in succession points to an element of success, this was with the undoubted help of a proven striker who the club have now sold - only for the proceeds not to be re-invested

i have been watching and supporting the Blues for over 25 years and right now we all have to be honest and ask whether Tilly and Brush are the right men to take us forward . . . Tilsons insistance on playing Flahavan over Collis, as well as continuing to play Harrold (who for me is on a par with Neil Campbell) suggests that he is seriously losing touch - and his substitutional decisions are at best questionable

unless our fortunes are reversed soon we are going to find ourselves below Leeds before the end of september - and then remember that they started a full 15 points behind us

Al

Sorry, can't agree. Tilson's phenomenal achievements warrant some patience from us.

Less than a year ago, Tilson was being approached by big Championship clubs because he was rightly regarded as one of the bright, up-and-coming managers in the league. He hasn't suddenly become a crap manager now.

He'll turn it around, keep the faith.

1) isn't this covered in another thread, or two other threads?

2) substitutional? If that's not a word, it damn well should be:D

and to be fair i think we should have let him go to one of the championship clubs. he never really has been a great manager he just had massssssive luck with eastwood. whenever eastwood was mis firing or didnt play very well, we just looked like a normal league 2, league 1 and well pretty dismall championship side

and to be fair i think we should have let him go to one of the championship clubs. he never really has been a great manager he just had massssssive luck with eastwood. whenever eastwood was mis firing or didnt play very well, we just looked like a normal league 2, league 1 and well pretty dismall championship side

Oh dear someone else who thinks that football is a one man game. It may astonish you to learn that a team is the sum of all it's parts. Agreed Eastwood was a massive part of our rise, but there were 18 or so other players in the squad as well.

1) isn't this covered in another thread, or two other threads?

2) substitutional? If that's not a word, it damn well should be:D

1) . . . i think the seriousness of our curent plight, as well as other peoples comments on this matter warrant this topic to have its own thread

2) i'm pleased to reports that 'substitutional' is a recognised word . . . should be worth a few points on the scrabble board :D

Al

Oddly enough, I actually thought he should have gone to Norwich as well. He'd done his bit for us, made his name and he deserved a chance to go to a bigger club with a bigger budget and a bigger chance of carving out a long career in football management.

He didn't accidentally sign Eastwood by tripping over a loose cable and falling to the ground, biro outstretched and just happennig to mark his name on the contract. He thought he was a good prospect and he was right.

Two successive promotions, two successive cup finals and some gorgeous, flowing football from the whole side wasn't an accident either.

This division is going to be tough, but it'll be a damn sight tougher if we bring someone new in now. We've been through the revolving door style of management before and it wasn't much help.

2) i'm pleased to reports that 'substitutional' is a recognised word . . . should be worth a few points on the scrabble board :D

Al

I would like to second the notion that 'substitutional' is accepted as a fully fledged part of the football lexicon!

Oh dear someone else who thinks that football is a one man game. It may astonish you to learn that a team is the sum of all it's parts. Agreed Eastwood was a massive part of our rise, but there were 18 or so other players in the squad as well.

the trouble is that the other 18, bar a couple, are mediocre at best - with the exception of Eastwood and Adam Barrett, please tell me which of Tilsons signings have actually contributed much . . . . not bad, 2 good signings out of how many ?? 15 ? 18 ? 20 ?

the trouble is that the other 18, bar a couple, are mediocre at best - with the exception of Eastwood and Adam Barrett, please tell me which of Tilsons signings have actually contributed much . . . . not bad, 2 good signings out of how many ?? 15 ? 18 ? 20 ?

Come on, Sodje was great! Clarke hasn't exactly disgraced himself either. I think Hammell and Francis are good players who haven't quite settled. McCormack is great, if a bit mental. Tommy Black seems quite decent from all accounts, and I thought Nicky Bailey was great at Barnet. Collis sounds like he did well last week, Bradbury's done a job for us in the past.

I could go on!

Goater, Sodje, Prior, Dudfield (his goals kept us in League 3 IIRC), the much lamented Bentley to name a few.

Sodje, Hammell, Bentley, Pettefer, Dudfield, Nicolau, McCormack, Bradbury, Goater

I have faith in Tilly. I always will have whilst he's the manager here. He's been great for this club, look at what we have achieved, even last season where we reached the quarter final of a massive cup competition. Our Club has grown with Tilson and it will continue to.

Back