• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Tilly on the phone, rounding up the fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coz you were on the phone to Tilly, does that mean that the regular ticket office staff took training at B & L?

Blimey... who p*ssed on your chips?!

Listen, I got a call from Tilly - I was (admittedly) a wee bit star-struck ('tis a curious Southend United fan who wouldn't be impressed when his manager gave him a call), I posted a thread on here, and Scriv paraphrased it on the OS.

If that makes me guilty of being of a "love-in", so be it. Do I love my club and am I impressed by its manager? Yep, guilty as charged.

I'm certainly not up Scriv's backside, though - for instance, I used to write for the club programme but don't do so any longer because of "creative" differences between me and Scriv!

So, there you have it.

My point was your side-swipe at my lack of fanaticism; shame that I've never had a word of thanks from you for the many hundreds of pounds and hours of my own that I've spent providing you with the platform (this website) for you to have a go at me in the bloody first place!

Hey ho.

Matt

I was hugely annoyed with the whole episode and your quote tipped me over the edge. I thought the fanatic bit was overdone.

Thank you for providing this platform, I have shown appreciation when I've met co-owners, Cricko will confirm I have been generally supportive,even throwing £20 (not much, but who else coughed up?) into the SZ pot at one of the City booze ups. That is my only opportunity to thank you personally, I am not part of the Spread social circle.
I am happy to write you a personal cheque or one to your favourite charity, perhaps we can agree on an appropriate amount relative to my usage/number of active members ? I did not realise that co-ownership made you immune from criticism or meant I have to share your views, I thought you were into freedom of speech. Alternatively you could have me banned.

I'd like to see Scriven try harder than ringing up one of his contacts for a quote , another immune from criticism.

My posting style is direct, I apologise if I offended you. Once I typed it I thought whoops here goes I'm going to get slated,but so far it has not happened.

I was hugely annoyed with the whole episode and your quote tipped me over the edge. I thought the fanatic bit was overdone.

Thank you for providing this platform, I have shown appreciation when I've met co-owners, Cricko will confirm I have been generally supportive,even throwing £20 (not much, but who else coughed up?) into the SZ pot at one of the City booze ups. That is my only opportunity to thank you personally, I am not part of the Spread social circle.
I am happy to write you a personal cheque or one to your favourite charity, perhaps we can agree on an appropriate amount relative to my usage/number of active members ? I did not realise that co-ownership made you immune from criticism or meant I have to share your views, I thought you were into freedom of speech. Alternatively you could have me banned.

I'd like to see Scriven try harder than ringing up one of his contacts for a quote , another immune from criticism.

My posting style is direct, I apologise if I offended you. Once I typed it I thought whoops here goes I'm going to get slated,but so far it has not happened.

Well I put money in too and besides I am a man of the people, they come to me!

also the club called me but I am too busy to talk to Tilson I am the celeb here NOT HIM

KNEEL BEFORE ME!!!

Blimey... who p*ssed on your chips?!

Listen, I got a call from Tilly - I was (admittedly) a wee bit star-struck ('tis a curious Southend United fan who wouldn't be impressed when his manager gave him a call), I posted a thread on here, and Scriv paraphrased it on the OS.

If that makes me guilty of being of a "love-in", so be it. Do I love my club and am I impressed by its manager? Yep, guilty as charged.

I'm certainly not up Scriv's backside, though - for instance, I used to write for the club programme but don't do so any longer because of "creative" differences between me and Scriv!

So, there you have it.

My point was your side-swipe at my lack of fanaticism; shame that I've never had a word of thanks from you for the many hundreds of pounds and hours of my own that I've spent providing you with the platform (this website) for you to have a go at me in the bloody first place!

Hey ho.

Matt

On software you never needed to pay for ;)

My co-ownership does not make me immune from criticism, not does it mean you have to share my views.

I took umbrage - not unreasonably, I think - at the inference that someone who isn't a STH cannot de facto be a "fanatic". Incidentally, that was Scriv's word, not mine. I would never seek deliberately to describe myself as such; I would hope, instead, that I would be afforded a crumb of credit from the likes of you for the hard work I put into this site.

Apparently not. Instead, I appear to be entitled only to sarcastic comments about immunity from criticism, heads up backsides, and such like.

A frank and direct style should not be confused with an inability to the point of rudeness to see things from someone else's point of view. It is a pity that you appear to be labouring under such a confusion.

I am sorry that the "whole episode" p*ssed you off. It is not one I invited upon my own head.

And thank you for the offer of a payment to a charity, although you'll forgive me for not being able to work out what in your previous post is intended to be genuine, and what is intended merely to be another pot shot.

Matt

My co-ownership does not make me immune from criticism, not does it mean you have to share my views.

I took umbrage - not unreasonably, I think - at the inference that someone who isn't a STH cannot de facto be a "fanatic". Incidentally, that was Scriv's word, not mine. I would never seek deliberately to describe myself as such; I would hope, instead, that I would be afforded a crumb of credit from the likes of you for the hard work I put into this site.

Apparently not. Instead, I appear to be entitled only to sarcastic comments about immunity from criticism, heads up backsides, and such like.

A frank and direct style should not be confused with an inability to the point of rudeness to see things from someone else's point of view. It is a pity that you appear to be labouring under such a confusion.

I am sorry that the "whole episode" p*ssed you off. It is not one I invited upon my own head.

And thank you for the offer of a payment to a charity, although you'll forgive me for not being able to work out what in your previous post is intended to be genuine, and what is intended merely to be another pot shot.

Matt

Matt, we have reached the 'dirty linen in public' stage so I will PM you, maybe not today as busy at work. The offer of a cheque to charity is genuine, I thank all owners for their SZ efforts, you can have cash but I am sure you make good money so charity is maybe better.Long after my original post I've still not exactly bveen slated, although one of your co-owners seems irritated, I wish he would not call me'fella'.

Long after my original post I've still not exactly been slated

Hey ho. It's a shame you seem unable or, more likely, unwilling to appreciate that there's a difference between what subjectively offends and what objectively offends (and that it isn't merely the latter that counts), but let's draw a line under it there.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back