• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Tilly on the phone, rounding up the fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not go into that debate again, about whether those of us who don't live in Southend ought to have season tickets or not.

I should have thought that the time and money I've personally dedicated (along with my fellow co-owners) to bringing you this free website ought to be proof enough of my fanaticism...

:thump:

(And if you were fishing, you've definitely got a bite, you sod!)

Too right,you asked for it with a quote like that, had to reach for the sick bucket, so far up Scriven's backside I can only see your ankles. I just hate these 'love-ins', placed quotes, spot them a mile off. Do you talk like that in real life? Because if you do you hav'nt spent much time in south East Essex.
sorry to be harsh.

I've taken a call from the club too, I saw the 01702 304050 flash up so I prepared myself to speak to Sir Steve only to find out it was one of the club shop dolly's trying to get me to sign up the Blues lottery. :doh:

Last edited:
Let's not go into that debate again, about whether those of us who don't live in Southend ought to have season tickets or not.

I should have thought that the time and money I've personally dedicated (along with my fellow co-owners) to bringing you this free website ought to be proof enough of my fanaticism...

:thump:

(And if you were fishing, you've definitely got a bite, you sod!)

C'mon Matt,what's 400quid these days?

Pennies to see the one you love when you want,eh?

hats off to the club for doing it but it is one of those stories you could imagine seeing in the paper regards Col U or Borient and then we all have a good laugh at it....with comments like "There manager has to phone them up to ask if they would to to the game".

I saw the Nationwide advert on the Telly about the young lad "who got the good rate and now put in the keepnet with a rubbish rate" then I read this on the piece about the phone calls to fans :- "Supporters can also book half price tickets to December's match against Huddersfield Town today at the Blues Box Office whilst also picking up their free Blues Country car sticker."

As a season ticket holder I know how the young lad feels ---- other than reserving my seat and the chance of limited tickets for certain games STHs are all put in the keepnet with a rubbish rate, no free seats for friendlies or cheap rates for matches --- once they have got you , unlucky.

As a season ticket holder I know how the young lad feels ---- other than reserving my seat and the chance of limited tickets for certain games STHs are all put in the keepnet with a rubbish rate, no free seats for friendlies or cheap rates for matches --- once they have got you , unlucky.

well, that and the cheaper rate for every game compared to buying individual tickets.

I saw the Nationwide advert on the Telly about the young lad "who got the good rate and now put in the keepnet with a rubbish rate" then I read this on the piece about the phone calls to fans :- "Supporters can also book half price tickets to December's match against Huddersfield Town today at the Blues Box Office whilst also picking up their free Blues Country car sticker."

How about seriously discounted rates for STH's in cup games eg 50% ?

Surely they'll have to offer some kind of added incentive to season ticket holders if and when we move into the new stadium. The only real benefit of having a season ticket is being guaranteed a ticket for any big games (cup matches, top of the table clashes etc) at Roots Hall. If we are playing in a 20k + stadium that won't be so much of an issue.

Anybody else think Matt was specially selected? I mean.. come on... He has even had a mention on the website.

Ron called me personally. Again.

250px-ForrestGump2.jpg

I had a call from someone thinking my number was a sex-line. I talked dirty and was offered cheap tickets for a football match in December. Result.

Too right,you asked for it with a quote like that, had to reach for the sick bucket, so far up Scriven's backside I can only see your ankles. I just hate these 'love-ins', placed quotes, spot them a mile off. Do you talk like that in real life? Because if you do you hav'nt spent much time in south East Essex.

Blimey... who p*ssed on your chips?!

Listen, I got a call from Tilly - I was (admittedly) a wee bit star-struck ('tis a curious Southend United fan who wouldn't be impressed when his manager gave him a call), I posted a thread on here, and Scriv paraphrased it on the OS.

If that makes me guilty of being of a "love-in", so be it. Do I love my club and am I impressed by its manager? Yep, guilty as charged.

I'm certainly not up Scriv's backside, though - for instance, I used to write for the club programme but don't do so any longer because of "creative" differences between me and Scriv!

So, there you have it.

My point was your side-swipe at my lack of fanaticism; shame that I've never had a word of thanks from you for the many hundreds of pounds and hours of my own that I've spent providing you with the platform (this website) for you to have a go at me in the bloody first place!

Hey ho.

Matt

Anybody else think Matt was specially selected? I mean.. come on... He has even had a mention on the website.

1. I was the only one who started a thread about it on here.

2. Besides, so what if I was... credit the club for a bit of decent PR work. They targeted someone who they figured might have a good word to say about them, and which they could use in their own publicity.

Top marks to the club for that.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back