• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Tilly on the phone, rounding up the fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Let it never be said that our club, and our manager, don't work bloody hard to get every fan through the door.

I've just had a call from Steve Tilson on my mobile asking me whether I'm coming on Friday night.

Blimey!

:stunned:

Anyhow, I'm happy to report that Uxbridge Shrimper had already got me a ticket, hence why it appeared from the commercial dept's records that I hadn't bought one.

Crikey.

You'll be pleased to hear that I didn't detain our gaffer for too long... and I resisted the temptation of saying "haven't you got a club to run?!"

:D

What an amazing personal touch from the club. And what an amazing man we have as our manager - he really does work night and day for us.

:support: :clap:

Matt

Let it never be said that our club, and our manager, don't work bloody hard to get every fan through the door.

I've just had a call from Steve Tilson on my mobile asking me whether I'm coming on Friday night.

Blimey!

Anyhow, I'm happy to report that Uxbridge Shrimper had already got me a ticket, hence why it appeared from the commercial dept's records that I hadn't bought one.

Crikey.

You'll be pleased to hear that I didn't detain our gaffer for too long... and I resisted the temptation of saying "haven't you got a club to run?!"

What an amazing personal touch from the club. And what an amazing man we have as our manager - he really does work night and day for us.

Matt

Recorded message mass produced nothing personal at all.

Missed a call from the club Sankfora (spelling) rang saying it really was Steve Tilson.... wow anyway please don't ring me 1. I am a season ticket holder of course I will be there 2. if you feel you have to ring me to encourage me and others to go then quite frankly that hurts.

Blimey!

Crikey.

Matt

Like I say Matt, at the end of the day.....

On the other hand, I haven't had a call yet.... wasn't a seao last year and so I may have been wiped! ;) I remember a few years back the ticket office wouldn't let me buy match day tickets in my name as I wasn't on the computer system and so I had to lie (and tell them I was lying!) and buy them in my dad's name instead! very funny old carry on....

I am going though :D

Hmm, i had two missed calls earlier on a 0845 number... thought it was just insurance company or something, so let it ring!

Should I cancel my season ticket on the off chance of maybe getting a call!?!

Choices, choices!

Hopefully Tilly will be giving me a call shortly, as I've some ideas about how to shore up our defence. I'm going to suggest getting the midfield to actually close down and sign a decent centre-half to replace Peter Clarke.

I am going to call him back and asking if he is going to attend my birthday party in the spread after the game!

I've just put my phone on divert to Adam Barrett & Peter Clarke. If Tilly can convince them to turn up on Friday we'll be in with a shout.

LOL - it seems I've let myself in for some quality Scriv editing...

clicky

:finger:

Only kiddin' Dave. Top effort by you and by the club. I am still in shock!

:stunned: :clap:

Do thank Tilly for me, and tell him he should now get on with wrapping up 3 points against the Ooze on Friday night.

:)

I would have hoped a blues 'fanatic' would have a season ticket.

Let's not go into that debate again, about whether those of us who don't live in Southend ought to have season tickets or not.

I should have thought that the time and money I've personally dedicated (along with my fellow co-owners) to bringing you this free website ought to be proof enough of my fanaticism...

:thump:

(And if you were fishing, you've definitely got a bite, you sod!)

Shame us poor old STHs don't get the pleasure in speaking to one of them though! All I got was an old boy phoning up twice asking for "Hilda" and seemingly very confused that no-one here answers to that name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back