• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Things to be done soon once COSU own the club.

The way it was related to me is that the sprinklers are working but not rotating due to being restricted by the overgrown grass. This left huge rock hard burnt patches. Once the grass was cut down they were able to work properly and the pitches expected to be playable soon maybe next week. Think B&L are hard too at the moment, but it's early days and body fat, physical testing and bleep testing etc will all be done first.
Will the physical testing be done at Boots and Laces?

Not as high up on the list as things already mentioned. But the club shop needs a overhaul. From how it fundamentally operates (which COSU have talked about) to the products themselves. For so long it seems like the items are minimum effort. I would love to see us lean in to some retro designs and even the personalised items where possible.

Last edited:
do something about the heap off rusting metal that RM bought for 2 million back in the days off cavemen.
Kevs testimonial to be held hopefully against either Rangers or Spurs ,as we have an Aussie owner and a Rangers person as part of COSU.
Show some recognition to Stan Collymore as he was the one who got this all started, my belief is he should be shown some sort off thankyou and gratitude by all the supporters He was the man that took on the Rat family in the beginning.
he said he paid £500,000, the 2 million figure was the cost to erect it ( unclear if this included the purchase price)
In January we will have had it for 10 years!

Will the physical testing be done at Boots and laces
Sorry....don't know, but I imagine so as I don't think there's any facilities at the new training place yet. They'l be glad to get the balls out if youl pardon the expression. No one likes a bleep test!

I rather enjoyed it. Even though it was a very cold day in Feb and it felt like my lungs would freeze
I get that. It's a personal challenge as much as the peer group pressure to do well. A certain amount of self satisfaction afterwards.
Also bound to be one or two being sick.!

Perhaps @CllrDanielCowan can cut the ribbon on some sparkling new Ron and Jack Martin appreciation bogs for the West Stand - mushrooms removed and shiny new pans installed in all new traps. Then every time we take a dump we can show our appreciation to the Poundland Trumps of Benfleet Road / Camden.
I get the sentiment but kind of bizarre.

The way it was related to me is that the sprinklers are working but not rotating due to being restricted by the overgrown grass. This left huge rock hard burnt patches. Once the grass was cut down they were able to work properly and the pitches expected to be playable soon maybe next week. Think B&L are hard too at the moment, but it's early days and body fat, physical testing and bleep testing etc will all be done first.

They were defo on and moving about again at midday today when I delivered to Smithers Chase but I haven’t been over to look properly at the state of the grass and what not.

Back