• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been talking to Frankie Banks who used to play for Southend a million years ago and has been the community coach and officer for years and still is and he reckons it won’t happen today. Martin has changed a lot of the housing plans apparently that was meant to be council but now private and is holding the whole deal up, my mate has just sent me this, not sure how true it is, please say its not.

Funny you should mention this. I was having a discussion with Gareth Risbridger earlier on and he said something similar.

Then he told me to get out of his garden.

Here’s the thing chaps, I am going to miss the Boxing Day match as I am on hols. But just arrived in Tortola, British Virgin Islands, which is where allegedly Ron rat keeps ill gotten gains!
I will have a root around and see if I can find it. If I come up with anything I will send it to Shrimperzone as a donation. That should help

It could be in a chest with "war" written on it.

Yes they generally work the hours required to deliver for the client (this from personal experience applies to in house legals in the private sector as well.). Can be all nighters, weekends on occasions. Not always, of course, and generally good planning avoids the need. The caveat is this is for getting critical contracts/commercial contracts over the line where there is a immovable deadline for some reason- sales quarters, years end, delivery lead times, go live dates etc. etc.

I avoid the public sector so maybe its different. maybe deadlines slip and things just don't get delivered, and there are no ensuing consequences. Probably in the private sector the remuneration is much better so the motivation to deliver is much higher..
I run a public sector organisation and we are involved in a contract award at the morning and our lawyers confirmed yesterday they will be working during Christmas so I think the whole Christmas shut down thing is a red herring.

In my naivety I thought that everything was agreed a day or so ago. I wouldnt put it past Rat / baby Rat to agree everything, do the shake hand thing then move the goal posts again the very next day, so no surprises there. Do we know that an incoming player is happening for certain? That has to be good news for Kevin and the team.

So, next week at the earliest for the takeover then. That is provided the Rat brigade decide to stop holding the club to ransom for their even bigger benefit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back