• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane The Sutton Arms

I've just realized that's Billy Munro on Terry's shoulders.
Yep. He was equally in both camps. That Southchurch and East Southend lot at The Golden Goblet, and The Sutton Arms. I saw him a few years ago and he didn't look well. There was not much of him anyway, but he's lost even more weight. He greeted me, and I asked if he's eating properly. So I got him a Burger King meal with a drink. Not seen him since. I fear the worst for Billy.

The only time I went to Zhivagos was jibbing into lunchtime college bash's with Tony L and Tricky Dicky.
I was a Zhivago's lad. I loved it on a Sunday Night. It also finished early, so it didn't ruin you for work the next day. Two great characters there, R.I.P. I was at Tony's funeral, standing with Carl Connors. I remember him saying that too many of us were leaving us. One of the next to go was him. So sad.

Yep. He was equally in both camps. That Southchurch and East Southend lot at The Golden Goblet, and The Sutton Arms. I saw him a few years ago and he didn't look well. There was not much of him anyway, but he's lost even more weight. He greeted me, and I asked if he's eating properly. So I got him a Burger King meal with a drink. Not seen him since. I fear the worst for Billy.
Who could ever forget him, wearing his pirates hat, army greens & DM's, always roaming around the North Bank asking everyone if they had a spare penny ( 1p )!.
He used to do that in the Chelsea Shed end as well!.

Who could ever forget him, wearing his pirates hat, army greens & DM's, always roaming around the North Bank asking everyone if they had a spare penny ( 1p )!.
Billy had a terrible drug problem . Anyone at the 71 Corringham massacre will remember Billy putting his hand on his hat and saying 'this way' .

****hank you, Mr. Osgood. No Christmas card for you this year.
Took Billy to Lincoln 68 his apprenticeship he was 14playing with the older boys what he wanted
Took him to Lincoln 68his apprenticeship he was 14 he had a special job to do which he performed well earned his stripes.

Took Billy to Lincoln 68 his apprenticeship he was 14playing with the older boys what he wanted

Took him to Lincoln 68his apprenticeship he was 14 he had a special job to do which he performed well earned his stripes.
Billy Munro what a character.
1970 Billy & Jaffa went to Old Trafford
Man U v Chelsea. Braces, white stay press, DM’ s, button down Ben Sherman’s and Harrington jackets. The pair of nutters looked like they had arrived from a different planet to the scruffy behind the times Mancs in their donkey jackets .chased around Old Trafford, boot imprints on their stay press, game as anything the pair survived to tell the story.

Billy Munro what a character.
1970 Billy & Jaffa went to Old Trafford
Man U v Chelsea. Braces, white stay press, DM’ s, button down Ben Sherman’s and Harrington jackets. The pair of nutters looked like they had arrived from a different planet to the scruffy behind the times Mancs in their donkey jackets .chased around Old Trafford, boot imprints on their stay press, game as anything the pair survived to tell the sto

Corringhams side , we did not know him then , he was with the Tilbury crew . A guy named Tim Grodhunts found Ollie about 4/5 months later living in a bush in Chalkwell Park .
That's where I met him, at Chalkwell Park. He got the job mowing the grass on the big sit on mower. We used to wind him up and he would half heartedly chase us, but being so big and round, he had no chance. I was probably about 12 or 13. He called some of us the Quality Street Gang, but we didn't know what that meant. We then became friends, even though he was a few years older. I would go over and chat with him. I thought he was a great bloke.

Last edited:
Back