• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Pro Wrestling thread

Did you go to SummerSlam 1992?
I guess they could have it at the Principality Stadium and close the roof. But i'd love to see them have WrestleMania at Wembley. Lot's of talk about a PLE event coming out here to Perth WA.
There were complaints about lack of amenities/hotel rooms in Cardiff so I can't imagine them taking WrestleMania week there. I think it's most likely to be London, and I think that's best for a week long event like this. Wembley always an option - they have the history there of SummerSlam 1992, plus perhaps wanting to beat AEW's attendance. Could see Spurs' stadium being a great option too though.

There were complaints about lack of amenities/hotel rooms in Cardiff so I can't imagine them taking WrestleMania week there. I think it's most likely to be London, and I think that's best for a week long event like this. Wembley always an option - they have the history there of SummerSlam 1992, plus perhaps wanting to beat AEW's attendance. Could see Spurs' stadium being a great option too though.
I went on a tour of Wembley Stadium about 10 years ago and they had no recollection of SummerSlam being there in 1992.

Agree about the lack of amenities / hotels around Cardiff.

Am i right in thinking only 3 countries have ever hosted the top 4 events. USA, Canada & UK?

Cena went out there and heavily teased for a Wrestlemania to get the fans all hyped up, but the big problem is that the host city WM usually has to pay quite a bit to WWE coffers to host it. I don't know if London feels the need to spend millions to land the event?

Cena went out there and heavily teased for a Wrestlemania to get the fans all hyped up, but the big problem is that the host city WM usually has to pay quite a bit to WWE coffers to host it. I don't know if London feels the need to spend millions to land the event?
Just have it out here at the MFN' G and fill it with 150K

I used to love the American Wrestling highlights on ITV sport on a Saturday lunchtime in the late 80s.

I remember seeing Papa Shango win a match using Voodoo magic without even leaving his changing room.

I remembered it slightly wrong:

Did you go to SummerSlam 1992?
I guess they could have it at the Principality Stadium and close the roof. But i'd love to see them have WrestleMania at Wembley. Lot's of talk about a PLE event coming out here to Perth WA.

No I was only 6 at the time and I doubt I even watched wrestling then! I think Auss will be a possibility in the coming years but at the moment there is a lack of Aussies' on the main/nxt roster.

Me too! What seats did you get? Only problem is I've dropped off with AEW recently. Need to get back into it but I'm struggling a little bit with their product. Will still be a great experience though.

I am the front row of block 125, tickets were in the £175 bracket during the presale. How about you?

I am the front row of block 125, tickets were in the £175 bracket during the presale. How about you?
Section 236, row 2. £125 bracket. Did some research on the seat map and seemed a good balance of affordability and decent position. It's hard camera side too, which was important to me.

Section 236, row 2. £125 bracket. Did some research on the seat map and seemed a good balance of affordability and decent position. It's hard camera side too, which was important to me.

Yes I spent what seemed like an eternity on the seat map seeing what areas I wanted to go for!! If I worked it out right, I am looking straight on at the stage area basically opposite what would be the tunnel etc.

No I was only 6 at the time and I doubt I even watched wrestling then! I think Auss will be a possibility in the coming years but at the moment there is a lack of Aussies' on the main/nxt roster.
I didn't go either. Still got the original recording on VHS from SKY Sports and the VHS release too. Hopefully in the next 10 years WWE will have WrestleMania in both the UK & Australia.

Roman is far and away the best thing in wrestling right now - the heel turn saved him. When he finally goes tweener as a badass and ditches the cowardly heel stuff, he's going to be Rock-tier.

Back