• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Fishing Thread.

I got back into sea fishing about 6 or 7 years ago. Finally found some time since my first Saturday job at 13. Unfortunately my fishing mate moved away last year and has taken his boat with him.

Only ever went out in the estuary down to red sands etc. Some nice bass up to 6lb, a few skate over 10lb, which are both lovely fish if to eat when they come straight from the Thames. Some nice Smooth hounds up to 15lb down by the Maplin sands on a Sunday. Its restricted in the week because of the firing range.

Had a trip to Norway all planned and deposits paid. I was really looking forward too, for all sorts of reasons not just the fishing. Covid stopped that.
Fellow 'Shrimper' Steve Walsh went to Norway in April for a few days fishing with some pals. He posted pics on Facebook of some of his catch. Couple of 40 lb Cod, 9lb Haddocks, double figure 'Coalies' etc.
he recently gave me some frozen Cod fillets from the trip, they were delicious.

Back