• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Academy

Perhaps he could expand on that. How is RD unprofessional and/or how does he show him no respect? If it's a personality clash then maybe mediation should come before the sack but if RD isn't good at his job,
RD has been at the club for a very long time, and, it has been suggested that he has a direct line to Ron. If this was the case, and, I must stress I am speculating here, this might be resented by some, especially if their job title suggested they were higher up the food chain than the Head of the Academy.
Whether RD is a nice bloke or not I have no idea but it seems beyond question that our Academy punches above his weight so I do not think anyone doubts that he is good at his job.
There may also be other be other issues, and, I think it is fair to say, to use a much loved phrase on SZ , that RD might not be 'everyone's cup of tea'.

For a club in the National League or League 2, and possibly even into League 1, there's an argument that Cat 3 status games are more useful in getting young players ready for senior football than Cat 2. Many U23/U18 games at Cat 2 seem to be focussed on playing pretty football with a distinct element of taking turns to see if you can break the other side down. Not necessarily the best preparation for mixing with the average lower league old pro.

Back