• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh come on get real. The guy is doing what anyone else would do and that is secure the best financial arrangement for himself. He gave it his all and was a great servant to Southend Utd. Show a bit of respect

You don't understand my point, respect I do have for a player who could have left a few times and joined us when we were in a sorry state. I do not disrespect him ax a person I merely point out his flaws as a player, pretty much like I would anyone in any team!

Indeed. He didn't choose the smallest club just because they said they will play two up front.

Major factor was clearly and can't blame him for that.

The major factor was clearly Money - ie a manager who wanted him and had him integral to his plans.

I deliberately didn't reply to this thread when it was first posted and was hoping others would show it the same level of respect. If we took out all of the support for Corr and just left it with the handful of members who agreed with the original poster it would have shown what the majority of us felt about the OP's views---- sounds like 'rollocks'

I deliberately didn't reply to this thread when it was first posted and was hoping others would show it the same level of respect. If we took out all of the support for Corr and just left it with the handful of members who agreed with the original poster it would have shown what the majority of us felt about the OP's views---- sounds like 'rollocks'

You can use the 'B' word on here, the swear filter doesn't pick it up:smile:

You can tell what the majority thought by the amount of posts on the first thread.

There will always be people who dont like certain players, some clearly never appreciated Corr. Lets hope our future strikers can better a goal every 3 games, as that doesnt seem to be enough for some people.

Corr has done a great job for us the past few years and I will always be thankful for that. His scoring record is solid and he was pivotal in our run for promotion this season. However, I am not too bothered that he is leaving as I believe that he wouldn't have set the world alight in league 1, I think that we can do a lot better although he would have been a good squad asset regardless. Thanks for the memories, Barry.

I remember having some distinctly "average" striker's in the past (and that's putting it politely). Belgrave, Bradbury, Foran, Harrold, Paynter etc.

I'm glad I wasted my time reading this thread.
Barry Corr done what he could when he could, he knows that he could of done better at times as do we (of late chip attempt and penalty) but he brought us a few good times and has now moved on.
I'm concerned he has gone as he was our only senior striker, I know we can get better, the question is who will it be? Will they live upto our expectations? Only time will tel #onwardsandupwards #UTB

Wouldn't say that I was glad Corr moved on, he scored a lot of important goals for us, but there were times when he would be lumbering around up front on his own and you just didn't feel he was interested, he would slate the rest of the team then lumber off to somewhere else where he would usually give a foul away. Will miss him but I think we could do better and need a more prolific striker in league 1, Wish Corr all the best at Cambridge but we need to move on.

Really? He has been great for us, over the years. Don't feel we need to bad mouth him now his gone.
Came to us at a really difficult time and gave us a reason to believe we had a future.
We got his best career form and all I can say is good luck BBB and thanks for the memories.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back