• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evidence drawn up by the club to defend the administration application detailed how Sainsbury’s has agreed to lend a maximum of £5,071,711 to Roots Hall Limited, which owns the current ground and will in turn lend cash to the club.

However, the document showed nearly £3million of this had already been used since November, clearing earlier tax debts. Another £240,000 is due to be spent by next week clearing another tax bill and the Charterhouse debt, meaning the club has about £1.8million left from Sainsbury’s to deal with debts and taxes over the next 12 months.

MINTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all our debts paid off plus 1.8 to mess around with

MINTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus decent gates

BTW - today I have forgiven BBC ..... got over my bitterness of the BETRAYAL ................ and admit he was a prob a good bloke

watched the youtube clips and my mate sent me a pic of my toothless smile at wembley minutes after the pens ....

soz if i wound anyone up:winking:

Embarrassing how people who are saying good riddance to our top scorer in 3/5 seasons, the guy who also signed for us when we had 5 players.... The same guy who gave 100% every time he pulled on the shirt.

I for one am gutted BBBC has left!
He din't give 100% everytime he put on the shirt! I am not saying he didn't do a job for us, but he missed so many more than he scored, he missed too many pens when his ego should probably be put aside and let others take them. His first instinct was to foul or look to be fouled. He ambled around most matches and the only player I have seen to completely miss the ball when shooting unmarked. He got a lot of supply and played a lot of games. He got into good positions often which explains his goals, but he missed so much more. I am not telling anyone to hate him and I am sure he is a nice bloke, however I will not miss him personally and look forward to a player playing the same role but better.

You help get your team promoted to L1, celebrate and then relegate yourself to L2...Quite
bizarre really. Good luck BBBC and thanks for everything

He din't give 100% everytime he put on the shirt! I am not saying he didn't do a job for us, but he missed so many more than he scored, he missed too many pens when his ego should probably be put aside and let others take them. His first instinct was to foul or look to be fouled. He ambled around most matches and the only player I have seen to completely miss the ball when shooting unmarked. He got a lot of supply and played a lot of games. He got into good positions often which explains his goals, but he missed so much more. I am not telling anyone to hate him and I am sure he is a nice bloke, however I will not miss him personally and look forward to a player playing the same role but better.

Put his ego aside? He's a striker why wouldn't he take the penalty? He was the designated penalty taker.

Evidence drawn up by the club to defend the administration application detailed how Sainsbury’s has agreed to lend a maximum of £5,071,711 to Roots Hall Limited, which owns the current ground and will in turn lend cash to the club.

However, the document showed nearly £3million of this had already been used since November, clearing earlier tax debts. Another £240,000 is due to be spent by next week clearing another tax bill and the Charterhouse debt, meaning the club has about £1.8million left from Sainsbury’s to deal with debts and taxes over the next 12 months.

MINTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all our debts paid off plus 1.8 to mess around with

MINTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus decent gates

Firstly, well done for reading it.

Sadly you have misunderstood it.

3.2 million was not to pay ALL our debts, it paid off tax bills, it then left us in debt to Sainsbury, all it did is move the debt from one place to another. Our current debt is in excess of 10 million.

And that 1.8m was only planned to last 18 months, which was 5 years ago, after two years we were back under transfer embargoes.

Hard to believe he managed to score a goal every three games and attract offers from the likes of Portsmouth if he was that bad.

He is a long way from his family + whenever i ve spoken to him he always says he misses them , which is why im surprised that he didnt join Oxford rather than Cambridge. ( Cambridge is no closer to Swindon than Southend is)

)

Surprised he did'nt pursue Portsmouth's interest. Nearer to home(?), would have thought they could/would match Cambridges offer?.
Added to the difference of playing in front of 15,000 fanatical fans every home game, rather than 4-5,000?.

Surprised he did'nt pursue Portsmouth's interest. Nearer to home(?), would have thought they could/would match Cambridges offer?.
Added to the difference of playing in front of 15,000 fanatical fans every home game, rather than 4-5,000?.

Cambridge promised to play him in a two up top, Pompey couldn't

I was having a cig at work and wondered when someone would start a anti Corr thread, and bingo here it is!

I know we don't all share the same opinions of players, but you have to wonder about some people.

Corr was not the best striker we have ever had at Roots Hall, but he was a long way from being the worst. He managed one goal every three games for us which I think is a reasonable return. He scored 17 goals in just under 100 appearances prior to joining us.

I reckon his 63 goals puts him just outside the top 10 of our all time leading goal scorers. David Crown is 10th on 69 goals.

Put his ego aside? He's a striker why wouldn't he take the penalty? He was the designated penalty taker.
No doubt if he didn't step up to take the penalties people would moan that he's the striker and should be taking them. You can't win with some people.

Thanks for the memories Barry, good luck at Cambridge. Now let's move on.

Absolutely correct
have some respect on here
i don't believe his ducked anything
bottom line he was offered more money, and at the age of 30 it's all about how
Money he can make. It's called making a living
without his goals no promotion ladies and gentlemen
like said, let's move on

It has to be the money though. Pompey have Tubbs there so you'd have to think that Corr wouldn't have to worry about playing up front on his own.

Indeed. He didn't choose the smallest club just because they said they will play two up front.

Major factor was clearly and can't blame him for that.

Hard to believe he managed to score a goal every three games and attract offers from the likes of Portsmouth if he was that bad.

Why is signing for Portsmouth seen as a big thing? They are not the club they were and have not been near the play offs for two years!

Back