• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ BOTB Round 2.. Radiohead V The Stones

who to go through

• Radiohead

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • The Stones

Votes: 33 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can be quiet until you can post your own clips. ;)
All those songs are vastly superior to the ones you posted... :D

Last edited:
GlasgowSUFC;532143[B said:
]Purely for this alone, Radiohead deserve to win!
Can't imagine Jagger and his ilk ever coming up with such a perfect song!

Cheers for finding the clip mate!

Agreed Rich Top Top Choon....:)

Sorry, and at the wrath of Richard & Pubey.... Got to be The Stones.... simply Radiohead vanished up their own @rses with Kid A and I will never forgive them after the joy of The Bends and Ok Computer.

Sorry, and at the wrath of Richard & Pubey.... Got to be The Stones.... simply Radiohead vanished up their own @rses with Kid A and I will never forgive them after the joy of The Bends and Ok Computer.

Which was the point I was making earlier....
They're crap now, which is a waste considering their earlier excellence. And I hold this against them, hence my support of the Stones in this case.

This was so hard to call ... i went with Radiohead mainly due to the very wonderful "Pyramid Song" .. though it looks as though The Stones are gonna walk this one

Another tough one for me, this round has seen some real top quality ties.

The Bends and OK Computer were classics and I play them to death still.

However, look in the dictionary and under Rock Star should be a picture of this man -

keith-richards-sixties.jpg

The Stones for me.

I think to judge either of these bands on there influence is a little unfair; both are responsible for a torrent of utter dog**** bands claiming to have been inspired by them, so it's got to come down to the music. Well, it took both bands 3 albums to get going, but while Radiohead have gone from strength to strength (not including "In Rainbows" in that - the jury's still out) after a very poor start, the Stones peaked in about '68 and then slid slowly down a slope of mediocrity until they reached the status of "irrelevant" in 1977 where they've stayed ever since.

I find it hard to be objective about the Stones - they're just part of the rock furniture that we've all grown so used to, it's almost like we've been conditioned to thinking they're "the greatest rock 'n' roll band ever", when the fact is, they haven't even released a half decent single since '81 (Start Me Up), and that was the first half-decent single since '74 (It's Only Rock n' Roll). They're living on their reputation.

Radiohead have consistently pushed boundries, consistently made great albums, and have consistently stood (almost alone) as a shining light amongst the shower of **** that UK alternative music has been for the last decade.

Radiohead have consistently pushed boundries, consistently made great albums, and have consistently stood (almost alone) as a shining light amongst the shower of **** that UK alternative music has been for the last decade.

Exactly, which is why the current result of the voting seems very strange!
I thought the SZ public have a far better taste in music to be honest!
A travesty!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back