• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ BOTB Round 2.. Radiohead V The Stones

who to go through

• Radiohead

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • The Stones

Votes: 33 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

READ THREAD BEFORE VOTING
SZ Battle Of The Bands Round 2.
Voting closes in exactly 24 hours.

In the Second Round of the competition,Radiohead (Sponsored by Glasgow ) have been drawn against The Stones ( Mcnasty )

Post your Video clips, arguments, support and loathing. If both contenders are evenly matched, let your vote be swayed by the evidence at hand. Only place your vote when you are certain.
In the (unlikely?) event of a draw, the final decision will fall to Cricko who will base his decision solely on the evidence available in the thread.

Get Voting All.

Come on people, vote Radiohead!
The Stones may have banged out some good tunes in the 60s but to be inflicting us with overpriced overhyped tours almost 50 years on is just too much.

A vote for Radiohead, is a vote for musical freedom!

Radiohead all the way for me because Rich is a nice man and Mcnasty smells for beating me last round..;)

Oh and I prefer Radiohead anyway..

Come on people, vote Radiohead!
The Stones may have banged out some good tunes in the 60s but to be inflicting us with overpriced overhyped tours almost 50 years on is just too much.

A vote for Radiohead, is a vote for musical freedom!

Sorry, brought up on the "Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World" and they deserve votes on the strength that Keef, the cool cat, is still alive.

A vote for The Rolling Stones is a vote for some of the greatest rock and roll songs ever. Radiohead are good, but The Stones are great.

Radiohead all the way.. always innovative and at the forefront of music, where The Stones peaked in the 70s and have been rubbish since

The Stones peaked in the 70s and have been rubbish since

Just like Radiohead have been since OK Computer then... :rolleyes:

Sorry, when people are remembering the great bands in years to come, it will be the Stones that are remembered as the great band, not Radiohead - who aren't fit to tune the Stones' guitars.

Sorry, when people are remembering the great bands in years to come, it will be the Stones that are remembered as the great band, not Radiohead - who aren't fit to tune the Stones' guitars.

I can't agree with that at all to be honest!

And breathe before I start to rant!

What exactly, have TRS done which can be classed as innovative in their 45 year career?

Just like Radiohead have been since OK Computer then... :rolleyes:

I think in a way Radiohead have been more positively influential than The Stones, in that much great music came as a reaction to the dross The Stones et al started to bring out through the 80s and 90s.

Radiohead won't ever better OK Computer and they don't want to IMO, but they have continued to be innovative and massively influential... are one of the best live bands in history, have thrown out the rulebook with regards to record contracts. they are the only band in history who are equally powerful whether it's acoustic ballads, glitchy electronica, heavy rock or piano lullabies.

What exactly, have TRS done which can be classed as innovative in their 45 year career?

They were the great un-washed that no responsible father would let their daughter near for fear of something sexual happening to 'em. They performed with Mars bar and guitars and drums. Made some of the best R & B music of the 60's (when R & B meant Rhythm and Blues). Everyone know which song is being played as soon as the opening guitar riff for Satisfaction is played.

Need I carry on ?

No-one else comes near them. Radiowho?

I made no comment on whether the Stones had been innovative and influenced anyone. However, They made more decent songs in their heyday than Radiohead would make if they lasted 100 years.

Radiohead's work since OK Computer is dross IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back