• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Although Ngoo is technically an ex blues player and would score for fun in this league

The last two ex-strikers we signed went so well!

Yay for past nostalgia.

I reckon it could be Ngoo - released by Liverpool and on loan at Walsall and Yeovil last season where he didn't exactly set the world alight. Maybe he wants to move back down here, has the same agent or is friends with Sokolik. Assume he would have been in the youth team with Bentley too.

The other possibility is possibly Lyle Della Verde on loan from Fulham.

All ifs, buts and maybes at the moment thought - looking forward to the first gurning photo with pen in hand on the OS!

Ngoo would be a very smart signing. Someone who'd slot into our current system and take some of the pressure off Corr to perform week after week. At 21 he's only likely to improve, but would need time and patience in much the same way the likes of Leonard and Prosser have been afforded. We chased Harrold out of the club, and now he's a very reliable goalscorer at this level.

Given Della-Verde's form for Fulham's U21 side last season I'd imagine potential suitors won't be in short supply, and that's not taking into consideration the very real possibility of him getting a game or two there.

Ngoo would be a very smart signing. Someone who'd slot into our current system and take some of the pressure off Corr to perform week after week. At 21 he's only likely to improve, but would need time and patience in much the same way the likes of Leonard and Prosser have been afforded. We chased Harrold out of the club, and now he's a very reliable goalscorer at this level.

Given Della-Verde's form for Fulham's U21 side last season I'd imagine potential suitors won't be in short supply, and that's not taking into consideration the very real possibility of him getting a game or two there.

Surely Ngoo wont have to drop down to league 2? He must be able to get better level football than this.

Surely Ngoo wont have to drop down to league 2? He must be able to get better level football than this.

Played league 1 and not set any fires, so maybe he needs to drop down to a level to get the games and goals. I thought he actually looked good when we played yeovil. Big and powerful which is a good recipe in this league.

Perhaps, but just the one solitary goal in 14 games for Walsall wouldn't strike too much confidence into many managers at that level. There may be suitors, but we'd certainly appeal in the sense that he's local, he knows the place and people he's played with and for are still around. We'd certainly be seen as a stepping stone in his longer term career, but that's true of any young footballer who'd join us.

If it's Matt ****ing Harrold I'm going to watch Wakering.

I'd be happy with Paynter, Tomlin or Ngoo on the other hand

Ngoo would be a good signing. As would paynter. I thought Tomlin still had another year at Vale?

If it turns out to be Crawford, then my word we are going backwards!

Can't see anyone but Crawford wanting to come back and as Len says, that is not a step forward.

Well, there is some strange logic in resigning Crawford. We did it with two players (Eastwood & Barnard), who had successful FIRST periods at the club and whose subsequent periods were rather less successful (although, in fairness, we need to give Barnard a bit more time). Why not resign a player (Crawford), who had a less successful first period, in the belief that his second one will be more successful? :smile:
Anyway, it's possible that CP's info, as mentioned above, came from Twitter. He said he was going to look into it "right now" and as he hasn't put anything else up since posting last night, I think we can assume it's a load of ballcocks. I wasn't there during Crawfords first period but from what I heard, I have to agree with many who would doubt that he would actually want to return.
As far as Ngoo is concerned, it sounds a fair shout apart from not squaring up to PB's original statement of 'both clubs now being in the Premiership.
All these statements and rumours are probably just a load of red heerings and we'll end up signing someone who will come as a complete surprise. Don't we ALL love close-season!...........at least I prefer speculating threads like this than ones demanding us to construct a side of old players who were one-legged and whose name commenced with Mc.

Didnt the original article talk about the two strikers being from clubs that are now in the Prem League? so possibly from Leicester, Burnley or QPR. Therefore Ngoo doesnt fit this criteria. Also i note above that some have said they would have Paynter back but not Harrold. Why would this be the case? From my experience neither was given a chance by the fans and if anything Paynter treated worse. Harrold like him or loath him does score goals at this level. But would be surprised if he came back after the abuse he got both during and after his spell with us.

Paynter or Harrold aren't the type of strikers we need - we have BBBC. When are we going to learn that re-signing former players isn't the best approach?

Back