• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interestingly, Phil Brown did stress, I believe, his interest in bringing young strikers to Southend so Ngoo might be a possibility. He might also see it as a way of bringing in the defender we had on loan from Liverpool.

Freddy Eastwood ? :winking:

If it's Matt Harold then we can kiss goodbye to any hopes of promotion. He isn't gonna score in this league.

He scored 18 at this level two years ago. Not been as prolific since his injury but that might be down to the failings of that Bristol Rovers side last season.

He wouldn't come back here either way.

He scored 18 at this level two years ago. Not been as prolific since his injury but that might be down to the failings of that Bristol Rovers side last season.

We say that but in real terms if we offered him a deal given he is local and will be a non-league footballer next season I cant help but think it would be of interest to him. Expectations are a lot lower these days and also he has shown himself to be a decent player against us. I don't want him back but I don't believe all this "he wont join us" stuff. If the money is right you can get anyone.

Think was Michael Ngoo, saw from a Liverpool source that we are getting him and Sokolik

I like the sound of that and will keep fingers crossed - Ngoo back with his mentor Ricky Duncan will hopefully flourish and begin to develop in to the player that Liverpool saw when they originally bought him from us.

Matt Lockwood has gone to Sutton utd as player coach after his contract run out at Dundee:omg:

Would be happy with NGoo. Make a cheeky play for Della Verde on loan. Sokolik as well. Cushty.

Pretty sure Sturrock tried signing him and the deal very nearly went through. Rayleigh boy so lots of connections in area. Despite what some of the "football experts" think, he is a good player and has proved himself time and again at this level. Scored enough goals against us hasn't he?
Would be happy to see him back - would some honestly boo him if he did come back?

would be happy if we got sokolik and n'goo, both young and desperate to prove themselves. still need a striker with real pace though

Pretty sure Sturrock tried signing him and the deal very nearly went through. Rayleigh boy so lots of connections in area. Despite what some of the "football experts" think, he is a good player and has proved himself time and again at this level. Scored enough goals against us hasn't he?
Would be happy to see him back - would some honestly boo him if he did come back?

He frustrated the hell out of me when he was with us, but I think it was more that he didn't fit in our team. He's frustrated the hell out of me since he left with his ability to score against us as well! I think he might fit quite well into the Corr role as it goes.

Francis 'one game wonder' Laurent
Ah, bless him. Still stays in touch with me.

Back