• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope that our prospective new owners are already sounding out the council about them building a community stadium with us as tenants as part of a deal that enables Roots Hall to be redeveloped for housing. I think there are plenty of examples of this sort of arrangement; aren't Col U's and Barnet's stadiums owned by local councils?
IMO the last thing we want is to be hamstrung by having a local council as our landlord.

🤞
I long for the day when Southend United are rid of this man.

However I think it will be later rather than sooner, he seems harder to get rid of than fox sh!t on a picnic blanket.
🦊 💩
Two great descriptions obviously foxes do a service in the south stand which I believe it has been there some time, not sure where RM could end up in a ditch though probably FF visions of an old mad Ron wandering around fossets farm !

As @Sherif H has said, it’s all very likely doable.

My understanding is that if we decide to stay at RH for the long term then lighter renovations can happen for South & West which aren’t structurally significant, whilst the North has a little more scope due to not being so close to housing behind, and the East has the most options, it could be renovated or demolished and rebuilt to be far larger and include modern facilities.

To me this is the dream, but we’ve got another thread about this so I’ll leave it there.
The residents who may complain about any stadium upgrades would obviously have to be reminded that the alternative is x amount of blocks of flats with probably more down sides overall. Whoops wrong thread soz

The big difference between Falmer and Sutton Road is a massive trunk road connecting the main city to the stadium as well as a station on the doorstep.

There's more opportunity in a stadium with a modern main stand in a central location to offer decent conferencing facilities, best-in-class reception space and all other mod cons to enable the stadium to operate 365.

I honestly can't think of anywhere offering similar in the Southend area or at FF without major works to connect the airport to Sutton Road which will take years to come to fruition.

The Queensway site would be the best option for the town and the long term future of the club if anyone is aiming for the Championship.

Two major railway lines and the possibility of a badly needed 4* hotel with conference sand functions facilities. Any bars could be in use all week and plenty of other options all within a 5 minute walk. That is not going to happen at RH and the train would be much better than queuing for 30mins to get out of an 800 space carpark at FF.

The Queensway site would be the best option for the town and the long term future of the club if anyone is aiming for the Championship.

Two major railway lines and the possibility of a badly needed 4* hotel with conference sand functions facilities. Any bars could be in use all week and plenty of other options all within a 5 minute walk. That is not going to happen at RH and the train would be much better than queuing for 30mins to get out of an 800 space carpark at FF.
We could have the sand functions on the beach!

Could make a real venue of it. It’s more commercial than retail so can have late night events. It would help revitalise the High Street, particularly if you look to have more restaurants/bars at the top end, leaving the bottom end for shopping.

My understanding of the FF situation is.

- The stadium could potentially go into review due to the traffic issues already in the area, without a huge housing development added to that plus event / match day traffic. Anyone who uses that junction will know how bad it can be.

- Someone buying FF, would need to have very deep pockets. Since the stadium was designed (and changed, and changed again) the cost of materials and labour have rocketed. And it would put the club back into debt. If cleared when purchased.

- Buying RH and redeveloping it, with apartments and housing around it, makes the £4.5M price for RH a lot more attractive. It offers a ROI that makes buying the club attractive and could quickly see it self sustainable. Once redeveloped on a stand by stand basis.
So the new Stadium at FF is now dead

You honestly cannot make this up, the whole idea of Fosset Farm development been approved in the first place was for Southend United FC to build a new Stadium, the plans for housing , flats hotels , shops etc was added over the years to so Mr Martin can make a few Bob.

What next a the new owners looking to relocate us to Basildon as we have no available Land in left in Southend..lol

Sounds familiar ?

Had a bit of Hope over the weekend that we was close to getting the rat out and for some reason today that hope has gone and I’m back to nearly rock bottom
What have you heard tell all your news

That's great if you live near a train station, if you wanted to drive there is next to no free parking available and any games when the weather is nice you would be struck in all the seafront traffic.

If we move and it's not ff people will have to get used to the idea of a ground being outside of Southend. If it's near a trainline then a purpose built stop could be added otherwise park and ride need's to looked at.

Those were the days!!
Having a bit of a Monday night **** up here in HK. One more G&T should seal it for me. Getting cold. 10pm and it’s dropped to 30C.

Got speaking to a couple of Newcastle United fans who were strangely knowledgeable about our plight.

Keep the faith. Those good times will come again.

@CRATE so much happening today. Fixture Change (no idea why), Jon Benton leaving, people hitting rock bottom ect. Are you still feeling positive?
I don’t want to be one to judge, but you word it in a way like it’s Jack’s fault 😂 If and when there is an update, I’m sure @CRATE will provide one for all like he has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back