• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone, take this as you wish! Have a few days relaxing! Don’t worry about refreshing Twitter or SZ! And live in the real world! WE’RE ON OUR WAY BACK!

Like I said, if it goes quiet, it’s gone quiet for a reason!
I really do hope this pans out for you guys.

Also who knows what the hell is happening with Stuart Dallas? I think we (York City) have given it a shot, but he is probably going higher up the pyramid.

Whether that is Barnsley or not. They are supposed to be in a bit of bother with the League.

It seems that his agent has been hawking him around. Whether there is any truth in him signing for a club (or it being announced he has signed) after his 24th birthday - which was Saturday, to try and get around not paying Solihull Moors a development fee is up for debate.

I will continue to follow your fortunes. Sadly, there are far too many Ron Martins in this world, as it were.

Not only does all this affect you as Supporters, but the Community.

The mental health of you guys. Some people will say '... it is only a football club...' but it can, and will mean the world to you. The Supporters.
It is your team.

How it affects the staff? Who have gone unpaid for 5 months.
How it affects their lives? Their mental health.

That damage is incalculable.

This is awful at any time, let alone the sxxt times we are living in with the cost of living.

Under a WUP there is a strict order for paying creditors. HMRC would take precedence over the football creditors and so in order to pay off the football creditors to satisfy NL when he couldn't cover them and HMRC he needed a court judgement to do so.
That’s actually not quite correct.

HMRC lost a court case some years ago because they have always objected to football creditors taking precedence. It’s something that they continue to be annoyed about but that isn’t the point I am trying to make.But even then is it correct that RM ,an official of SUFC Ltd, make arrangements to pay another creditor in preference irrespective of the source of the funds ?

After the WUO was made following an application to the court the bank accounts were unfrozen but even then that’s not main point and that is in open court it appears that the words in liquidation were used

Ron Martin is a property developer. In this instance, he owns Fossetts Farm, but the development and build will be undertaken by His development backers,

The driving force behind the project is Citizen Housing, set up in 2018, fronted by Jack Martin - son of Blues’ chairman Ron Martin. Citizen Housing is a 50/50 joint venture between Lenrose Housing and Allied Commercial Exporters, which is the UK investment vehicle of the property tycoons, the Dellal Family. This is where the financial muscle comes from, and Ron will benefit on profit sharing of sales of the houses built.

So you concede it’s possible rm bought the club as a land grab to enable him to own both rh and ff for his family in the future to develop?

Why are you afraid of this assertion? It’s the logical conclusion of the facts you presented

Where did you get 5 days from Murkey?
There was / is a rumour that the NL gave the club until the 28th of July to get everything sorted, by that ALL footballing creditors up to date. Was not confirmed anywhere as the NL or Club didnt make any statement. No media reported it be that local or national. SO no one knows with any certainty what needs ot be done and by when.

The only thing we can say with say 80% certainty is that we are not allowed to start the season if there are any footballing debts, i could be wrong on that but as I say 80
certainty as nothing seems to be 100% any where on this

So you concede it’s possible rm bought the club as a land grab to enable him to own both rh and ff for his family in the future to develop?

Why are you afraid of this assertion? It’s the logical conclusion of the facts you presented
Who knows what was in his head when he first took over? You might be right (I think on that point you probably are) but it’s immaterial now because he failed. Comprehensively.

If that was his dream, it’s over. Time to look forward and if (when!) the takeover is completed I won’t ever waste my time thinking about that no mark again.

But Roots Hall is also earmarked for a major housing development as well so why would RM give this up ? Surely he will make any sale contingent on also moving to FF where he will own the stadium and charge rent. He will sell RH for £1 to allow the club to continue whilst FF is built.

I can’t see a situation where he sells the club including RH and allows the club to remain there.

Based on everything I know, FF is dead in the water!

That’s actually not quite correct.

HMRC lost a court case some years ago because they have always objected to football creditors taking precedence. It’s something that they continue to be annoyed about but that isn’t the point I am trying to make.But even then is it correct that RM ,an official of SUFC Ltd, make arrangements to pay another creditor in preference irrespective of the source of the funds ?

After the WUO was made following an application to the court the bank accounts were unfrozen but even then that’s not main point and that is in open court it appears that the words in liquidation were used
Wasn’t it “insolvent” rather than “in liquidation”?

I don’t however know enough about the insolvency process to know the significance of it.

Do we have any insolvency practitioners on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back