• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate,
With all this wild and mind blowing posts coming on here.
Could I please ask you one question. Do you know if we have any serious bidders out there, don’t need any privileged information you may have.
But just a yes or no would be great. Thanks.

Thanks for asking, never felt so flattered.

Not a clue, I was responding to a suggestion that Nando’s were involved - hence the “chickened out” smarty pants answer!

Total number of ordinary shares (each with a nominal value of 25p) allotted, issued and fully paid is 677,488. So RM's holding is c71% = 481k.
So if someone was to buy the club and then sell the half of the shares at a 20 quid each , they could raise the money to pay off the debts. and get the season rolling . Then a further share sale to fund the purchase of RH , with fund raising , trust support for fan owner ship etc

Viable option ?

So if someone was to buy the club and then sell the half of the shares at a 20 quid each , they could raise the money to pay off the debts. and get the season rolling . Then a further share sale to fund the purchase of RH , with fund raising , trust support for fan owner ship etc

Viable option ?

or could just cut to the chase - get a fan ownership vehicle established with open shares sales and get our fans financial muscle in the game ...

Viable option ?
Nice idea.

Assume the buyer would want to retain 51% to keep control of the club.
But they could sell 20% of the 71% they buy from Ron and still have 51% ownership.

20% is 130,000 shares?
130,000 shares x £20 is £2.6m

That’s a lot of fans required to buy those 130,000 shares though….

Last edited:
plus youths / fringe players like Oli Coker and GK Charlie Brown
Oli Coker is one of the 14 contracted players.

IIRC Charlie Brown played for the Academy as a schoolboy a few times last season so I think he’d be the equivalent of a first year scholar (if we indeed still have an academy/scholar scheme).

I’d suggest that this was probably a youth team friendly that W*** H** agreed we could play first team players in.

Just been on the phone to Jack @CRATE he certainly has had an interesting day. Not sure how much of what he told me he can share tonight but he might be able to share some. He has shown me proof of some of his communications also. There is some thing positive going on and he is hoping to have a football finance expert on the twitter chat tonight. Things appear to be moving forward but slowly.

Just been on the phone to Jack @CRATE he certainly has had an interesting day. Not sure how much of what he told me he can share tonight but he might be able to share some. He has shown me proof of some of his communications also. There is some thing positive going on and he is hoping to have a football finance expert on the twitter chat tonight. Things appear to be moving forward but slowly.
Any movement is positive as long as it's forward

Slowly! Exactly what's needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back