• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strikes take 2

probably about time to close this thread...though Barnablue did say he'd give us his thoughts on tax incidence and the yield of a financial transaction tax...

Sorry I thought Tara was going to take care of that for me.:winking:Tbh I'm hopelessly out of my depth on tax incidence.I have however already commented on FTT(to my satisfaction at least).

Two million strikers is not "a damp squib".Discuss.

I thought most of them went shopping.
It was a great day for the Country.
2 million wages saved, 2 million shoppers to boost the economy and less traffic on the road in the rush hour.

Just seen a live BBC News interview with someone from Unison about legal action against Clarkson and demanding he should be sacked etc and after watching it think it should be her sacked and Clarkson should be consulting his lawyers after she said "he is like Gadaffi". So he is a genocidal mass murderer then? Actually now hope he does so and demand she is fired.

Just seen a live BBC News interview with someone from Unison about legal action against Clarkson and demanding he should be sacked etc and after watching it think it should be her sacked and Clarkson should be consulting his lawyers after she said "he is like Gadaffi". So he is a genocidal mass murderer then? Actually now hope he does so and demand she is fired.

Hahaha. Most people with a brain can see Clarkson was being his usual abrasive self. Unison really are pathetic.

Clarkson is a buffoon, and if this sour faced humourless tosser can't see the "joke" they truly are pitiful. But then it seems to me that most on the left in the media in this country are lacking in both charm and a sense of humour.

You don't believe in their 5 points for growth policy?:omg:

Labour had 13 years of Government to implement growth policies which have signally failed, and they as ever leave the country close to bankruptcy. Balls & Miliband are living proof that two Ed's are not better than one. Labour have no credibilty on fiscal policy, this is borne out in various polls that most trust the coalition rather than Labour on the economy.

Labour had 13 years of Government to implement growth policies which have signally failed, and they as ever leave the country close to bankruptcy. Balls & Miliband are living proof that two Ed's are not better than one. Labour have no credibilty on fiscal policy, this is borne out in various polls that most trust the coalition rather than Labour on the economy.

Don't forget than in ten of those 13 years there was continous growth leading to Brown's stupid remark about having abolished the boom/bust cycle.

Don't forget than in ten of those 13 years there was continous growth leading to Brown's stupid remark about having abolished the boom/bust cycle.

...and don't forget the golden legacy of year on year growth bequesthed to them by Ken Clarke. Don't forget Bown's selling off a huge chunk of our gold reserves at a knock down price, and don't forget Brown's 5billion per year raid on private pension funds, causing financial penury for many. And yes you are right Prudence did promise faithfully he'd end the boom/bust cycle, he did, we're bust.

I'd say the only thing we can be thankful for was that neither Blair nor Brown took us into the Euro.

Just remind me what the current actuarial estimsates of how much Gordon Brown shafted private pensions by. I think current estimates range fron the conservative £100 billion while some have it as high as £150 billion.
Truth is never trust any politician BUT never trust Labour new or old with your hard earned cash.

By investing in the green economy?

hahahaha. Biggest crock ever. I have some experience here as well, having worked for a big sustainable magazine and put on events in the area. The green economy is not exactly to save our bacon - they don't care enough about it in the BRIC regions for us to be competitive.

Two million strikers is not "a damp squib".Discuss.
Personally I think that Cameron is showing his lack of experience using that phrase. Having seen areas where there was rioting be rewarded with improvement grants, to then thumb your nose at 2 million members of the public protesting peacefully is incendery. That is a lot of voters that have given up a days pay in order to state their opionion. For the PM to effectively say 'is that all you've got?' isn't really a great negotiating tool.

Personally I think that Cameron is showing his lack of experience using that phrase. Having seen areas where there was rioting be rewarded with improvement grants, to then thumb your nose at 2 million members of the public protesting peacefully is incendery. That is a lot of voters that have given up a days pay in order to state their opionion. For the PM to effectively say 'is that all you've got?' isn't really a great negotiating tool.
Is that all you've got?

Back