• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stewarts Law LLP/PG Site v SUFC - 26 June 2024 - DISMISSED WITH COSTS

Insolvency and Companies Court Judge Burton10:30amThe Rolls Building Court 30Winding up petitionCR-2024-001132Southend United Football Club Limited (The)

10:30am KO this morning away at the Rolls Building. Home from home really and what a record we have.

Judge Catherine Burton is the ref today and also officiated the previous meeting in which she marked the next as final, so will be well aware of the enormity of this fixture.

Stewarts Law LLP have come to a "settlement" out of court with COSU, but what about PG Site Services, will they push for a late winner to break Shrimpers hearts. Or will their defence crumble and settle for a draw?

The Shrimpers defence has been resolute up until now, can it hold again?

The latest odds would suggest a draw (adjournment) is the odds on favourite today. But there is also a late flurry of money being placed on an away win (petition dismissed), with a home win (Liquidation) a big outsider.

Judge Barton adjourned the case in April saying she hoped the sale would be completed in May.

Last edited:

SOUTHEND United's future will face further scrutiny at the High Court today.

The Shrimpers have settled the winding up petition with Stewarts Law ahead of this morning's hearing.

But the case with former sponsors PG Site Services still remains active.

A representative from the company has told the Echo they have now taken over petition which will be heard today.

However, they are believed to have agreed to delay in proceedings with further steps for a period to enable the sale of the club to proceed.

The hearing comes just two days after the National League confirmed the club must post a bond of £1million to prove they can fulfil their fixtures next season if the consortium do not quickly take charge.

And supporters continue to fear the worst.

Lifelong fan John Murray said: "Honestly it's just a rollercoaster and it's becoming too much to take.

"I don't know what to make of it all anymore.

"We've had so many days in court that you can almost become a bit blase about it.
But one day you fear one court case could be the last one and I just hope that isn't tomorrow, especially with the consortium trying so hard to get everything done."

The consortium have now pumped almost £4million into the club and are now trying to complete their takeover without waiting for heads of terms to be agreed for the Fossetts Farm deal.

In short, PG Site Services have taken over the petition but look to have agreed to an adjournment of an as yet undetermined amount of days. Likely 4-6 weeks. So we will limp along to fight another day.

Of course that will mean the embargo remains, until at least COSU gain control of the club and/or come to a settlement with PGSS.

So great, we survive. But poor old Kev and Co. look likely to head into pre-season very light indeed.

In short, PG Site Services have taken over the petition but look to have agreed to an adjournment of an as yet undetermined amount of days. Likely 4-6 weeks. So we will limp along to fight another day.

Of course that will mean the embargo remains, until at least COSU gain control of the club and/or come to a settlement with PGSS.

So great, we survive. But poor old Kev and Co. look likely to head into pre-season very light indeed.
Hopefully that should allow time for COSU to take ownership of the club without the property side of it

In short, PG Site have taken over the petition but look to have agreed to an adjournment of an as yet undetermined amount of days. Likely 4-6 weeks. So we will limp along to fight another day.

Of course that will mean the embargo remains, until at least COSU gain control of the club and come to a settlement with the petitioner.
I genuinely dont get it.

Lots of other creditors persuaded by JR et al to be patient, the renegade stewarts being persuaded to finally drop it.

Yet the one creditor who has had an active role in the club, have a board member who is part of COSU are keeping the knife in and under embargo, when they know full well everyones trying their best to get rid of rm and move forwards.

Madness.

I genuinely dont get it.

Lots of other creditors persuaded by JR et al to be patient, the renegade stewarts being persuaded to finally drop it.

Yet the one creditor who has had an active role in the club, have a board member who is part of COSU are keeping the knife in and under embargo, when they know full well everyones trying their best to get rid of rm and move forwards.

Madness.
Maybe an inside job? An attempt to concentrate the Rat's mind and keep things moving forward? Even so, I don't think it does that as Martin stopped caring about the consequences to the club, assuming he ever did, a long time ago.

Do we know how much PGSS are owed?
I thought it was the lesser of the two on the WUP?
Why have Stuarts settled and not PGSS?
We need to get out of the embargo, don`t give the NL any more ammunition to heap more penalties from made up rules on our club.

More importantly, it gives the 🐀 more time to dither and kick the can further down the road with an adjournment.

Let`s all hope this whole sorry saga comes to an end soon, and get away from this vermin!.

Insolvency and Companies Court Judge Burton10:30amThe Rolls Building Court 30Winding up petitionCR-2024-001132Southend United Football Club Limited (The)

10:30am KO this morning away at the Rolls Building. Home from home really and what a record we have.

Judge Catherine Burton is the ref today and also officiated the previous meeting in which she marked the next as final, so will be well aware of the enormity of this fixture.

Stewarts Law LLP have come to a "settlement" out of court with COSU, but what about PG Site Services, will they push for a late winner to break Shrimpers hearts. Or will their defence crumble and settle for a draw?

The Shrimpers defence has been resolute up until now, can it hold again?

The latest odds would suggest a draw (adjournment) is the odds on favourite today. But there is also a late flurry of money being placed on an away win (petition dismissed), with a home win (Liquidation) a big outsider.
Who made you the new @Mick?

I genuinely dont get it.

Madness.
That is a bizarre typo.

We have got to go for petition dismissed, move on and get away from these court appearances. Thanks 🐀
Unfortunately, unless PGSS and COSU reach an agreement this morning before court, then it will be further adjourned for likely 4-6 weeks. Dismissal seems very unlikely at this stage.

Main thing is the club survives another day. However, with the embargo remaining, pre-season is fast becoming a disaster/write-off again.

trying to find out if we can get an adjournment today from one of the lawyers at work, unfortunately our expert insolvency guy is on hols, I think the answer is no but hopefully get an answer from someone itk soon

trying to find out if we can get an adjournment today from one of the lawyers at work, unfortunately our expert insolvency guy is on hols, I think the answer is no but hopefully get an answer from someone itk soon

The answer is yes.

I’m fully expecting an adjournment. That’s what I was being told to expect even before we reached an agreement with Stewarts Law.

Back