• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stewart’s Law to ask court to dismiss WUP proceedings - settlement reached with SUFC

The bond is to satisfy the National League we can make it through the season, totally separate from the embargo/WUP. The bond will not be needed if the club is sold to COSU, if the club remains in Rons hands we need to pay the £1 million bond.

The WUP sounds as though Stewarts are happy but we haven't yet cleared PG Site Services, if we can settle with them then we just need the WUP officially to be dismissed and then the embargo should be lifted I would imagine. but the bond is separate.
Sorry, you can't issue one club a bond for just that reason, otherwise you should be asking every other club to provide a 1M bond!

If all goes well and we get through this ****e I long for the day when we can say goodbye to this Micky mouse league with a large.🖕
i’ve really enjoyed the competition on the pitch / fans banter and so on.

However the league administration is obviously riddled with conflicts of interest, and has established a ‘set of rules’ so general and open to interpretation that they seem to / do literally make up the rules as they go along.

For example, we should know about slapping a bond requirement on a club in advance because the rule book says in X or Y circumstance a bond will be required, and the sum of that bond will be calculated this way (e.g. relating to some of the numbers in the previous year’s accounts). It shouldn’t be a complete surprise, or where we all scratch our heads trying to understand how they arrived at the number.

They may actually have acted fairly throughout (I don’t personally believe that), but they are not transparent and this creates suspicion and uncertainly - both corrosive for the competition and for the prospects of clubs in crisis.

If all goes well and we get through this ****e I long for the day when we can say goodbye to this Micky mouse league with a large. 💩💩
Edited for accuracy & I suggest when we hopefully & eventually get promoted we organise coaches to Birmingham to cr@p all over their doorstep, or at least in the lift to the 4th Floor of Waterloo House where they lurk.

They haven't, but they'll point to the fact they did a very similar thing to Wrexham in 2011. That bond was only £250k (just under £400k when you account for inflation) but I'm not sure if our balance sheet is worse than Wrexham's was:

Wrexham were in a different position having been reformed in 2006 after going bust but in 2011 the latest accounts were to 2009 and showed they owed about 5M , so nowhere near our 25M even after inflation

Sorry, you can't issue one club a bond for just that reason, otherwise you should be asking every other club to provide a 1M bond!
All the other clubs have provided detailed finance and accounting info which demonstrates that they can be fully funded and meet their financial obligations throughout the season.

SUFC have not.

Last edited:
Oh what a summer we are having ! Lurching from one drama to another, trying to dig out the details of each, weekly.
Wish i had the money to **** this **** off and let this proud club and its amazing fans enjoy their holidays.
Give us our club back, Martins, what a headache it's all been.

All the other clubs have provided detailed finance and accounting info which demonstrates that they can be fully funded and meet their financial obligations throughout the season.

SUFC have not.
Have they? Not publicly they haven't. Most clubs don't publish accounts anywhere near as detailed as ours.

If anyone is bothered, the National League Rules for the 23/24 Season can be downloaded here

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/downloads/rules

For a League that make it up as they go along so far there are 129 pages of rules.

Appendices D and E pages 77 to 88 cover detailed financial monitoring for all clubs.

With our financial accounting record is hardly surprising they have kept a close eye on our financial situation.

If anyone is bothered, the National League Rules for the 23/24 Season can be downloaded here

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/downloads/rules

For a League that make it up as they go along so far there are 129 pages of rules.

Appendices D and E pages 77 to 88 cover detailed financial monitoring for all clubs.

With our financial accounting record is hardly surprising they have kept a close eye on our financial situation.
Tin-pot is as tin-pot does. They’ve always been sh1te!

Back