• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stewards forcibly removing anything anti-Ron today

In the interests of fairness and balance, Ive been sitting here staring at the screen for the past two hours, trying to think of something genuinely positive to say about "*our beloved leader*" and his regime of the past 7-8 yrs...............so far........err.....umm.....

NOTHING !! .....not one feckin thing.

Or as one newspaper article so eloquently put it......"SUFC is on its deathbed, after years of murderous ownership by Martin"

* A phrase borrowed form North Korea.

Completely forgotten about bringing Stan in, appointing TL as CEO, bringing in our management trio. Signing off on the signings of our current squad now. Getting the new training pitches built.

Yes, he has done an awful lot wrong over the last 7-8 years too, but you’ve not really done much to address the “fairness and balance” you speak of…

Completely forgotten about bringing Stan in, appointing TL as CEO, bringing in our management trio. Signing off on the signings of our current squad now. Getting the new training pitches built.

Yes, he has done an awful lot wrong over the last 7-8 years too, but you’ve not really done much to address the “fairness and balance” you speak of…

I've not bothered reading the whole thread but is this person actually defending Ron? If not, ignore this post. If so, what does the man have to do to upset you. Genuine question? I'm just amazed that there's still people out there that actually defend him and that this post actually has likes as well.

I've just never known a fanbase or people in general who are so absolutely fine but getting walked over for decades.

I've not bothered reading the whole thread but is this person actually defending Ron? If not, ignore this post. If so, what does the man have to do to upset you. Genuine question? I'm just amazed that there's still people out there that actually defend him and that this post actually has likes as well.

I've just never known a fanbase or people in general who are so absolutely fine but getting walked over for decades.

This person? Bit rude.

The original poster said he’d spent two hours, in the interest of fairness and balance, trying to find something positive RM had done in the last 7-8 years. Took me 30 seconds to find some.

I’m not defending RM, I want him out like everyone else, however to say he has done nothing positive for this Club is a complete lie. He isn’t the best thing since sliced bread, and maybe the negatives outweigh the positives, but you can’t say everything negative is his fault, and anything positive is despite him not him having any impact into it as that’s another lie.

This person? Bit rude.

The original poster said he’d spent two hours, in the interest of fairness and balance, trying to find something positive RM had done in the last 7-8 years. Took me 30 seconds to find some.

I’m not defending RM, I want him out like everyone else, however to say he has done nothing positive for this Club is a complete lie. He isn’t the best thing since sliced bread, and maybe the negatives outweigh the positives, but you can’t say everything negative is his fault, and anything positive is despite him not him having any impact into it as that’s another lie.
Ok, so out of his 20+ years you only found things from the past year or so?

Lets break it down shall we:

Bringing Stan in - Forced into action by protests and fans unrest and lets not forget Stan walked away a couple times and publicly said Ron had changed the goal posts. Stan also offered his assistance countless times before Ron would even talk to him.

Bringing TL in - Again a forced appointment after having no CEO for 5+ years and pretty much creating this whole mess we're in. Also Ron had nothing to do with the appointment, Stan found him.

Signing off signings - Hardly something to write home about signing a load of players at a even lower level than we're already at. No disrespect to those players as John Still found some brilliant gems. Lets not also forget that we had to get them players after either playing kids for years or being under constant embargo's before and after those players. Well done Ron for signing players for a football club he owns, nonsense IMO.

New training pitches - Do you really think this was for the good of the club.....really????? It's because he need B&L to build his cheap arse pop up houses. Nothing more and nothing less.

IMO not one single point that you made has a single ounce of creditability to do it. In fact it's sounds like you just believe everything Ron says.

Ok, so out of his 20+ years you only found things from the past year or so?

Lets break it down shall we:

Bringing Stan in - Forced into action by protests and fans unrest and lets not forget Stan walked away a couple times and publicly said Ron had changed the goal posts. Stan also offered his assistance countless times before Ron would even talk to him.

Bringing TL in - Again a forced appointment after having no CEO for 5+ years and pretty much creating this whole mess we're in. Also Ron had nothing to do with the appointment, Stan found him.

Signing off signings - Hardly something to write home about signing a load of players at a even lower level than we're already at. No disrespect to those players as John Still found some brilliant gems. Lets not also forget that we had to get them players after either playing kids for years or being under constant embargo's before and after those players. Well done Ron for signing players for a football club he owns, nonsense IMO.

New training pitches - Do you really think this was for the good of the club.....really????? It's because he need B&L to build his cheap arse pop up houses. Nothing more and nothing less.

IMO not one single point that you made has a single ounce of creditability to do it. In fact it's sounds like you just believe everything Ron says.

No, not at all, I know you haven’t read the thread. But look back at the original poster and what he said, look what I said. He said the last 7-8 years, and he’d spent two hours and couldn’t think of one, and in 30 seconds I gave a little list of things off the top of my head.

Re Stan. Yes, goalposts moved etc etc but ultimately if RM didn’t want him here, he wouldn’t be here. As has been mentioned, RM runs this ship like a dictatorship, so it would be easy for him not to have an outspoken ex-player in Stan on board. Whether he did it to appease the fans, because of protests, or because of any other reasons, RM still appointed him. So it’s a thing RM has done, which have proved to be very positive for the football club.

Re TL. I didn’t say RM found him. As has been mentioned previously, RM interviewed his own man too, and decided on TL. So, ultimately RM signed off on bringing in a CEO. So, RM still takes credit for doing it. As you said, he’d gone 5+ years without one.

You say nonsense, but he still brought players in. He is the head honcho, and will be the one who signs off on all transfers in and out of the Club. Whilst it may not be him who “finds them”, he still signs off on them. So, anyone, good or bad in his 20 year reign, he has signed off on them. We can’t bring in a player without his sign off. In fact, RM was pivotal in being Lopata back to the Club.

The new training pitches will be for the good of the Club, of course they will. You only have to see the standard of the pitches we have gone with. Yes, it’s part of the bigger project which earns him his money, but he could have really cheaped out on the pitches.

You have you opinions, and that’s fine. I’m not going to waste anymore time on this, I have much more important things to worry about that this. I don’t believe everything he says, I know over the last 7-8 years, the negatives outweigh the positives, I’m not naive or oblivious to that fact. However, you simply can’t say he hasn’t done anything positive at this football club.

Enjoy your day @mattytheshrimper

No, not at all, I know you haven’t read the thread. But look back at the original poster and what he said, look what I said. He said the last 7-8 years, and he’d spent two hours and couldn’t think of one, and in 30 seconds I gave a little list of things off the top of my head.

Re Stan. Yes, goalposts moved etc etc but ultimately if RM didn’t want him here, he wouldn’t be here. As has been mentioned, RM runs this ship like a dictatorship, so it would be easy for him not to have an outspoken ex-player in Stan on board. Whether he did it to appease the fans, because of protests, or because of any other reasons, RM still appointed him. So it’s a thing RM has done, which have proved to be very positive for the football club.

Re TL. I didn’t say RM found him. As has been mentioned previously, RM interviewed his own man too, and decided on TL. So, ultimately RM signed off on bringing in a CEO. So, RM still takes credit for doing it. As you said, he’d gone 5+ years without one.

You say nonsense, but he still brought players in. He is the head honcho, and will be the one who signs off on all transfers in and out of the Club. Whilst it may not be him who “finds them”, he still signs off on them. So, anyone, good or bad in his 20 year reign, he has signed off on them. We can’t bring in a player without his sign off. In fact, RM was pivotal in being Lopata back to the Club.

The new training pitches will be for the good of the Club, of course they will. You only have to see the standard of the pitches we have gone with. Yes, it’s part of the bigger project which earns him his money, but he could have really cheaped out on the pitches.

You have you opinions, and that’s fine. I’m not going to waste anymore time on this, I have much more important things to worry about that this. I don’t believe everything he says, I know over the last 7-8 years, the negatives outweigh the positives, I’m not naive or oblivious to that fact. However, you simply can’t say he hasn’t done anything positive at this football club.

Enjoy your day @mattytheshrimper
But you didn't did you because my reply proved everything you 'found in 30 secs' was total crap.

Last edited:
Back